Scion tC Forums banner
61 - 80 of 148 Posts
I'm completely offended everytime someone uses the words "rice", "riced", and "tricked"... The meaning of "rice" to ME = speed under that hood, because we've coined the phrase "Rice Rocket" (a.k.a. an asian car thats Fast). People commonly mistake GHETTO cars for "riced" cars because "they think" rice = cheesy. Next time you feel like calling anything "rice" it better be fast otherwise, stick to other terms
For that pic you put up there, theres no doubt its nasty, but I like to refer to those rides as "powered by stickers". And for those truly GHETTO cars they can keep their phrases "fast & furious" or "tricked out". Cause "fast & fobio" (as i like to put it) is exactly what it is, and tricks are for kids not cars (theres nothing "tricked" about it except for them tricking themselves into thinking its "cool").

Originally posted by R2D2@Aug 26 2005, 09:07 PM
I'm completely offended everytime someone uses the words "rice", "riced", and "tricked"... The meaning of "rice" to ME = speed under that hood, because we've coined the phrase "Rice Rocket" (a.k.a. an asian car thats Fast). People commonly mistake GHETTO cars for "riced" cars because "they think" rice = cheesy. Next time you feel like calling anything "rice" it better be fast otherwise, stick to other terms
For that pic you put up there, theres no doubt its nasty, but I like to refer to those rides as "powered by stickers". And for those truly GHETTO cars they can keep their phrases "fast & furious" or "tricked out". Cause "fast & fobio" (as i like to put it) is exactly what it is, and tricks are for kids not cars (theres nothing "tricked" about it except for them tricking themselves into thinking its "cool").
You're not with the program.

Click here for enlightenment.

You're not with the program.
[/b]
If being racist is the program "HELL NO I AIN'T WITH YOUR PROGRAM".
You might not mean it that way, but from the spot where I stand its not a pretty sight.
I grew up on rice, so does that make me a rice boy? I guess it must... And everyone else that has EVER had rice, you must be a rice person as well. However, "rice-boy" is a derogatory statement and shouldn't be used in such a fashion. I don't go out of my way to call someone a "potato-skin" boy (no offense)...the same respect should be applied.

I do however understand & agree completely when a car has been modified to that point of ridiculous, however don't associate it with rice.

I completely understand and support your fascination with rice as a nutritional and rather tasty food, but please don't bring racism into this discussion - there is no reason for it. Would also be nice to keep this forum PC-free. We are all adults (well, most of us), and can deal with reality without shielding us with fake morals.

come on. you have to admit that there is a slang term used in society that means a import that is modified to the point of ridiculousness. That term is ricey. this has nothing to do with being a racist at all. it is just a slang term. i understand that there may be people who take offence but, that doesn't alter the meaning. This term comes from one of the major crops in the regions that the cars are created. if you can call a poorly tricked out ford "potato skinned" to express how you feel, have a great time. I would do the same.

I am sure I don't need to draw this out but, ...

import tuner = done well
rice= not done well.

You my friend may drive an import and do it up properly. and to that I take off my hat.

This term comes from one of the major crops in the regions that the cars are created.
[/b]
So have a ton of other terms, but it doesn't make it right (i.e. the N-word and so on...)

R2D2, grow some thicker skin. I am one of the least bigoted people around, but getting angry or offended at the use of the term "rice" is ridiculous. The term was originally "rice burner," which makes it painfully obvious that it refers to the CAR and not the driver.

I'm willing to use "politically correct" terms to keep from hurting people's feelings, even where they're ridiculous (e.g., "Asian," "African-American"). When it gets to the point that every label offends someone, we've gone too far. Get over it.

For the most part, "most" of you i can see have been very respectful and intelligent about this matter. I just don't like the association with it, but obviously y'all don't see anything from it. I don't and won't alter my views especially if people tell me too, that just gives me even more reason not to convert to the "opinions of others". You will see things your way as I do mine, but atleast I got y'all thinking...
We can go on & on about this, but seriously converting to the beliefs of "ricey" is NOT enlightenment (as lo bux put it) but rather degrading.
Believe me, just because you might not find something offensive doesn't mean it isn't.

One fact that remains is "rice" refers to every asian car, cause i've heard people calling every small asian made car a "ricer"... Does that make the tC a ricer?
To you all yes.. you've got a ricer (not from my mouth), but from people that believe in these "rice" stereo types.
To me NO, because i refuse to listen to nonsense...

Wait, so exactly who considers a Lexus LS430 to be, "rice?" It's an Asian car, but I doubt anyone with a sense of reality or proper understanding of the true slang usage of the term would ever call an LS430, "rice;" according to your statement, however, there are people who would. Show me someone who actually would think that. How about an Infiniti M45?

-Ed

Wait, so exactly who considers a Lexus LS430 to be, "rice?" It's an Asian car, but I doubt anyone with a sense of reality or proper understanding of the true slang usage of the term would ever call an LS430, "rice;" according to your statement, however, there are people who would. Show me someone who actually would think that. How about an Infiniti M45?[/b]
i've heard people calling every small asian made car a "ricer"[/b]

61 - 80 of 148 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.