Scion tC Forums banner

WHY! riced tC

36K views 147 replies 78 participants last post by  ViNNiE NB 
So am I allowed to rag on the hideous decals and otherwordly spoiler? I paid for my own car and don't have a pinstripe. Just wanted to make sure that I had your permission.

Spoilers do nothing on most cars for street applications. This is well known. Some people like them for the sake of appearance. Now the particular kind of spoiler is another issue entirely...

R2D2, grow some thicker skin. I am one of the least bigoted people around, but getting angry or offended at the use of the term "rice" is ridiculous. The term was originally "rice burner," which makes it painfully obvious that it refers to the CAR and not the driver.

I'm willing to use "politically correct" terms to keep from hurting people's feelings, even where they're ridiculous (e.g., "Asian," "African-American"). When it gets to the point that every label offends someone, we've gone too far. Get over it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.