Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I bought a tC, except there was a large scratch on the inside radio cover, so my dealer is fixing it, also when i got home, i realized that the tires are the wrong ones. He put summer only tires on instead of the all-season ones i needed. I called him to fix it, except he is nowhere to be seen. I got the car on monday of last week, called him on tuesday, havn't heard from him since. Immediatly after the sale, they forgot about us. when we were buying the car, he would almost always call us on the same day. When we picked up the car he said that if you have any questions to call. I guess him calling us back wasn't part of the deal. Im not saying that all dealers do that, it just makes me mad that our dealer is doing it. has anyone else experienced this unfourtunate occurance?

·
Registered
185 Posts
the salesman i worked with, seems like a pretty cool guy and all. i used to call him on his cellphone to ask him about the car, and he'll call me keeping me updated. then after i got my car, i called him to ask him a question and he was like "who's this?" i was like it's Victor, he was like, oh, oh yea wassup. now my plates haven't come in and he was suppose to call me, hasn't yet, gotta call him today, 'cause they did all the motor vehicle stuff. but yea i kinda know how u feel.

·
Registered
6,072 Posts
Yeah. I've had a lot of problems with my dealer answering/returning calls. I think my salesman stopped caring the day the car got there. I called that day to get the purchase order faxed to my bank to get financing, so I'd be able to pick it up the next day, and it took us 2 hours to get them to stop jerking around and fax it.

I tried for a week to get ahold of my salesman a couple weeks ago about getting the right radio put in. He didn't return my calls until after I had called Scion and then called the dealership again and left a message that I had contacted Scion. Got a call back from my salesman about 5 minutes later. heh.

My suggestion is that if you continue to get ignored, call 1-866-70-SCION. It didn't take very long to get through to anybody, and they were really helpful. They'll probably just record your information and then tell you to try the dealership again, but this time, you'll be able to tell your dealership that if they can't take care of it, Scion will, and that should scare them enough to get them working for you again.

Good luck.

·
Registered
43 Posts
My dealer has been great. If I have any questions he always is helpful and gets back to me asap. I've driven down to the dealership a few times since my purchase and every time he has made the effort to come over and talk to me and see how things are going. He even got me like 50% off on my window tinting.

Props to Town Toyota in Wenatchee, WA.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
My sales guy did most of the install on my Hotchkis sways, and all of the install on my Tein SS-Ps. He's a pretty cool sales guy if you ask me. Oh, I was busy with a flywheel install, that's most of the reason D gave me the hook up on the other stuff...

·
Registered
142 Posts
When I bought my first car, the Accord V6 Coupe, the salesman was one of the nicest I've ever encountered. During the buying process, he was never pushing me or say anything to make a sale.

After I bought my car for several months (or almost a year, I cannot remember exactly), I was refilling my washer fluid and forgot to place the lid back on and lost it. When I realized that I lost the lid, I called the dealer to find out how much the replacement was.

Anyway, my salesman said that he would give it to me for no charge and he even volunteered to drop it off at my house !!!

·
Registered
242 Posts
My dealer was great. The salesman showed me how to drive a 5 speed(never had before) since that was all they had so I could test drive it. After the sale every time I come in wether its for service or so my g/f can test drive an xB he always helps us out and asks to see the new mods on my car since last visit.

·
Registered
335 Posts
My dealer called a couple of times the first few months I had my car asking how it was and if I was having any problems. It's probably because I was the first tc they got and after I bought mine it took almost 2 months for them to get another one in.

·
Premium Member
7,429 Posts
alright, I got some fuel for my fire.

So, here is the flip side:

"why when I call the customer just to see how they like their car and If they have any questions, they don't call me back. If for nothing more than to say they got my message and every thing is fine"

two seconds to return a call. it is a two way street. wrap that around your head.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.