Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 05 tc with 202k miles and I'm getting about 21mpg all together. My daily commute is about 85% highway at 70mph-80mph but even at that speed I've seen people still getting about 26mpg-28mpg. I've even see people say they get up in the 30s and even low 40s mpg. I just got an oil change about a week ago and my tires are at about 35psi last I checked. What am I doing wrong?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I would try new spark plugs make sure your running on all cylinders new air filter and pcv valve and clean your throttle body

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have an 05 tc with 202k miles and I'm getting about 21mpg all together. My daily commute is about 85% highway at 70mph-80mph but even at that speed I've seen people still getting about 26mpg-28mpg. I've even see people say they get up in the 30s and even low 40s mpg. I just got an oil change about a week ago and my tires are at about 35psi last I checked. What am I doing wrong?
Same year, mileage and driving conditions as mine. I average 26 mpg. I read that a rule of thumb, regarding tire pressure, is to take max psi from sidewall of tire and subtract 10%. That would be normal operating pressure. My tires say max 44psi, minus 4.4 psi equals 39.6 (40) psi. My car loses 2 mpg when two or more tires get below 35psi. Yes, try new plugs. Get the expensive iridium plugs and it will be the last spark plugs you have to install, in THAT engine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Get the expensive iridium plugs and it will be the last spark plugs you have to install, in THAT engine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts