Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,643 Posts
The tC does not come with the tube - they are selling a custom fit enclosure that sits in the corner of the trunk and molds into interior nicely.

I'm the cheap ass here who got the actual bazooka tube (EL series 8" powered) off eBay, and hooked it up using Scion/bazooka OEM harness.

Me personally - happy as a
- the tube sounds very nice in a tiny interior.

·
Registered
606 Posts
the bazooka subs for the xA, xB, and tC all suck and are a total waste of money/ripoff. you can get at least two way better sounding subs from and audio store for way cheaper than the one bazooka.

·
Registered
4,643 Posts
Originally posted by Kwiksilver@Nov 18 2004, 03:54 PM
the bazooka subs for the xA, xB, and tC all suck and are a total waste of money/ripoff. you can get at least two way better sounding subs from and audio store for way cheaper than the one bazooka.
Get me a sub that takes 20 minutes to install (and 2 seconds to remove/put back in the car if need be) for $80 total with wiring kit...

·
Registered
4,643 Posts
Originally posted by Kwiksilver@Nov 18 2004, 04:49 PM
20 min. to install huh? no wonder it sucks
For peole who still want to be able to hear when they are 30 it is just perfect

·
Registered
4,643 Posts
Sounds bad or sounds good is extremely subjective. There are people who are saying that MP3s (no mater what bitrate) sound like crap. I can't tell the difference between a CD and 192kbps MP3 - so it's all good for me. Same with subs - bazooka gives enough thump to add volume to music, and that's what the subs are for. And with ease of install and price - it's a great value. Just like tC - for some it's a POS, because it does not do 0-60 in 4 seconds, for others - its a bargain. Let's leave it at that. True music afficionados probably should steer away from the tube, the rest of the world - why not? $80 and you can sell it for $70 if you don't like it...

·
Ironhead
12,859 Posts
i'm with kwik on this one. you dont have to have 4zillion watts of power to whatever sub you go with. but in all honesty, even me, a dealer who gets paid on every accessory i sell, pushes people in other directions. you want good sound, go away from the bazooka. they are crap and way overpriced. spend less money anywhere else, and just run a nice 10" with 200watts to it.
flip side to the hearing when you are 30 thing. no one said you have to crank your sh!t up until your ears bleed.

·
Ironhead
12,859 Posts
barely. sorry for the absence, i was home with a 24 hour case of i dont want to go to work today.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.