Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I finally got around to doing this mod and took a couple pics. One piece of advice for anyone else who's gonna try this, u should use a marker to align the lens to the housing b4 cutting it open just so it will be aligned properly when u seal it back.

They look blue in this pic, but they are ultra white.

Sorry if the pics aren't that great. They look a lot brighter in person than what the pics show. Big thanks to Instigator for the DIY.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
That looks sweet!

Did you find that the blink rate changed at all after making the swap? I heard you have to use resistors in conjunction with the LEDs to maintain the proper blink rate.

Thanks!

-Ed

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope, it's exactly the same rate. I didn't use any resistors, just swapped the LEDs.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Taking lens out, cutting open, replacing LED, siliconing back - About 2 hrs
Waiting for Silicone to dry - about 5 hrs
Satisfaction - a life time

·
Registered
426 Posts
that looks clean..so how did u pop out the housing and stuff..u think u can post like a step by step of how u did it? also what kind of LED's did u get

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Originally posted by dwnrytepnoi@Aug 6 2005, 03:39 PM
..u think u can post like a step by step of how u did it? also what kind of LED's did u get
That would be great if you could post pics but you would have to pretend that you are 'installing' them the first time again and its probably a pain in the butt right?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.