Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I work at a power plant and frequently get fly ash all over my car. I have noticed little white spots randomly on my car (window, paint, outer trim) and they are impossible to remove by washing. It kind of looks like a small drop of whiteout. Does anyone know of a product that will remove these spots without damaging the paint?

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I don't know about removing the spots, but I would suggest investing in a good car cover.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I found it on google, I was just wondering if anyone had experience with it. Sounds like it is a fine abrasive that more or less scratches the spots off.

This is the stuff the plant bought to take care of it when it first happened before I started to work there.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
I might try clay bar to get that off, not for sure if it would but it gets other hard to get things off easily, just have to follow directions carefully and they should come off...hopefully otherwise I would be looking to point fingers at someone to take care of those spots

·
Registered
44 Posts
I second Goldenchild's statement. I had the same thing happen to me when my S-10 was getting worked on at a garage; they were doing something to the buliding by my truck and the overspray got all over my truck. The bastards didn't pay for any of it. I tried damn near everything and the clay bar worked. I've been using them ever since; they work wonders.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.