Scion tC Forums banner

Which of these do you think is the best deal?

• TWM Stage 1 ~ 125 bucks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • TWM Stage 2 ~ 125 bucks

• B&M ~ 113 bucks

• CC ~ 69 bucks

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying to read up on this, but I'm kinda overwhelmed, so I'm hoping for some help. According to a trusted source (aka one of Lance's posts
), the best combination is actually the shortest throw with the tallest shifter. However, I've heard arguments for both sides and I'm not so sure. What does everyone think? Also, any idea why the Creative Compacts is so cheap??
Woot!

Ready

Set <---Stole it from mori

Vote!

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, the only reason I didn't put it up there is because it's a little too expensive for me. Not doubtin your choice, Wolo, but why is the TRD so expensive? Just because it is by TRD?

EDIT: Just realized the TRD comes with the housing...etc. I'm dumb

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Any idea what the numbers are for the CC? I've been trying to find them, but no luck. I've decided on either the B&M or the CC, cuz I want the shorter throws without much of a drop in height.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
TWM (stage 2) gives it a knotchy feel, very precise, its cool. all personal preferance though. plus if you get the shortshifter + the knob combo, their knobs have "NTS Technology" so you can adjust the height on the knob and you can pretty much have the height at whatever you want. just a thought.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Originally posted by ALaS@Nov 19 2005, 01:48 AM
TWM (stage 2) gives it a knotchy feel, very precise, its cool. all personal preferance though. plus if you get the shortshifter + the knob combo, their knobs have "NTS Technology" so you can adjust the height on the knob and you can pretty much have the height at whatever you want. just a thought.
I just ordered a Bombshell a few weeks ago and was disappointed to receive the old-fashioned triple allen all-thread style screw down instead of NTIS technology.

-Ed

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
The B&M is awesome! It keeps the shifter about stock height and decreses the throws about 40%. I love the way it feels too, I would have gone with the Stage 2 of TWMs but it was too low for my taste and the Stage 1 did not shorten the shifts enough and I know I wanted it somewhat stock height because you get the best shifts with that...so B&M for me

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Originally posted by Pharoh@Nov 18 2005, 07:26 PM
Any idea what the numbers are for the CC? I've been trying to find them, but no luck. I've decided on either the B&M or the CC, cuz I want the shorter throws without much of a drop in height.
Get the B&M you won't be dissapointed!

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just ordered it last night from Ken!
Is the install pretty much the same for the B&M as for the TWM, cuz I've only been able to find TWM's installs.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Originally posted by Pharoh@Nov 19 2005, 11:15 AM
Just ordered it last night from Ken!
Is the install pretty much the same for the B&M as for the TWM, cuz I've only been able to find TWM's installs.
It will come with instructions in the box and they are very detailed.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Originally posted by EddNog+Nov 19 2005, 05:34 AM-->QUOTE (EddNog @ Nov 19 2005, 05:34 AM)
<!--QuoteBegin-ALaS
@Nov 19 2005, 01:48 AM
TWM (stage 2) gives it a knotchy feel, very precise, its cool. all personal preferance though.  plus if you get the shortshifter + the knob combo, their knobs have "NTS Technology" so you can adjust the height on the knob and you can pretty much have the height at whatever you want. just a thought.
I just ordered a Bombshell a few weeks ago and was disappointed to receive the old-fashioned triple allen all-thread style screw down instead of NTIS technology.

-Ed [/b]
wow that sucks, maybe they dont offer NTS with the bombshell. Contact TWM, if u can't find their number I have it laying around somewhere..

CC shifter is awesome. Not just saying that cuz it was cheap. It really is awsome. Comes with a nice shift knob too.[/b]

Do you have a pic of the CC knob? iv'e heard a lot about it.

·
Registered
847 Posts
contact zoltiz... hes got a system setup now where he will send you the entire shifter assembly (the white plastic piece that holds the shifter in place inside the car) and the refund part of your money when you send him your entire plastic piece (including the stock shifter i think, but definately not the shift knob too, otherwise what are you going to do to move the shifter w/o cutting your hand?)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.