Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah I'm just on here posting how to launch your car (tC) from a dead stop...I have experienced launching from all RPM's and I've found out the best rpm to launch at is 2.2k-2.5k...Between 1-2k you dont have enough power to launch so your car boggs off the line...I have tried 2.6k+ rpm and all I get out of it is wheel spin and it doesn't grip until 2nd gear...So whenever I race from a launch now I hit it from 2.2k-2.5k rpm...What I call perfect launches with my stock 06 tC is having wheelspin til like 15 mph then it grips in 1st gear then I hit 2nd etc...These are my experiences from dragging...Can someone share how they launch at different RPM's???...

· Registered
202 Posts
Ideally you should have 0 wheelspin...

· Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
aww c'mon guys...you guys should all know with FWD and no slicks there will always be wheelspin thru 1st gear...only racers know that one...Yeah and I know our tires suck but I wanna keep my car stock because it makes me proud to beat people with my all stock tC...The car deserves its pride and can beat most street racers out there from a launch if you know how...

· Registered
11,890 Posts
Originally posted by bLAziN_ChEnGy@Sep 11 2005, 07:52 PM
aww c'mon guys...you guys should all know with FWD and no slicks there will always be wheelspin thru 1st gear...only racers know that one...Yeah and I know our tires suck but I wanna keep my car stock because it makes me proud to beat people with my all stock tC...The car deserves its pride and can beat most street racers out there from a launch if you know how...
Not true, when I ran my best time ([email protected]) I had no wheel spin through any of the gears (didn't even chirp 2nd) and especially not at launch. So it's possible to get a damn good time with NO wheel spin and withOUT drag radials.

· Registered
834 Posts
I've never raced my tC, but from my experience with my little Ford, I've noticed that wheelspin can be helpful when you're lacking a bit in low end torque (it's a small block car).
Since that is all the tC has, I'd be apt to think keeping it hooked up would be the best idea.
Just my two cents.

· Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by Obike+Sep 11 2005, 09:37 PM-->QUOTE (Obike @ Sep 11 2005, 09:37 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-bLAziN_ChEnGy
@Sep 11 2005, 07:52 PM
Not true, when I ran my best time ([email protected]) I had no wheel spin through any of the gears (didn't even chirp 2nd) and especially not at launch. So it's possible to get a damn good time with NO wheel spin and withOUT drag radials.[/b]
Ok so you say u had no wheelspin and ran 15.5 et all stock???...well I wanna know what rpm's did you launch at and were you running the Potenza tires???...

· Registered
72 Posts
When I'm at the track on my potenzas I launch between 2,500 & 3,000 and I get alittle wheel spin and I'm running 10.20 in the 1/8th, but on the street I just let it out normal a then hammer it.

· Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by 1sikTC@Sep 12 2005, 01:14 PM
When I'm at the track on my potenzas I launch between 2,500 & 3,000 and I get alittle wheel spin and I'm running 10.20 in the 1/8th, but on the street I just let it out normal a then hammer it.
So what are your 1/4 mile times???...

· Registered
72 Posts
The only thing we have around here are 1/8th mile tracks so I don't know what my 1/4 mile times are yet.

· Former '05er
12,590 Posts
And more parasitic drag than anyone can imagine. Got a clutch fund for those launches? No OEM clutch likes that kind of launch for long...

· Registered
507 Posts
i had my car at the track a couple weeks ago for the first time. its also the first time i ever tried to launch my car period. i was holding it at around 2500-3000 rpm and rideing the clutch a just enough to keep the wheels from spinning but not enough to burn up the clutch completely. my best 60' was a 2.207 and my worst was a 2.377.

· Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by greddytc05@Sep 13 2005, 12:19 AM
i had my car at the track a couple weeks ago for the first time. its also the first time i ever tried to launch my car period. i was holding it at around 2500-3000 rpm and rideing the clutch a just enough to keep the wheels from spinning but not enough to burn up the clutch completely. my best 60' was a 2.207 and my worst was a 2.377.
what were your 1/4 mile times???...

· Premium Member
1,691 Posts
Originally posted by greddytc05@Sep 13 2005, 03:19 AM
good lord... i need to try that..... I've been launching at 5k with tons of spinnage thru 1st & a good chirp thru 2nd. I'm going to a show on Oct. 1st that has an 8th mile track... with FREE dragracing wooooohooooo!
I'll have to try a few different launch styles & see whats best for me cause I know i'm faster than they are.

· Registered
5,861 Posts
Originally posted by bLAziN_ChEnGy@Sep 11 2005, 06:59 PM
Yeah I'm just on here posting how to launch your car (tC) from a dead stop...I have experienced launching from all RPM's and I've found out the best rpm to launch at is 2.2k-2.5k...Between 1-2k you dont have enough power to launch so your car boggs off the line...I have tried 2.6k+ rpm and all I get out of it is wheel spin and it doesn't grip until 2nd gear...So whenever I race from a launch now I hit it from 2.2k-2.5k rpm...What I call perfect launches with my stock 06 tC is having wheelspin til like 15 mph then it grips in 1st gear then I hit 2nd etc...These are my experiences from dragging...Can someone share how they launch at different RPM's???...
After your launching at 2k-2.5k RPM's what RPM do you shift at going into second? then third, fourth and so on..?

· Former '05er
12,590 Posts

· Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
thx lance

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.