Votes: 0 0.0%
  • JDM Yellow Bulbs

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Originally posted by kpyo2000@Jun 12 2005, 11:07 PM
It is easier to get caught by cop using Pure Blue Blubs?
Easier how? You mean, will you stand out in a crowd of normal headlights driving down the road toward the cop? Yes, I would imagine so. It's one of those things. The blue is illegal in most states, and, if the officer wants to really get down to it, almost any change to a car that doesnt come from the factory can be called illegal. My buddy got 9 tickets in one traffic stop for a ton of things that people always say cops arent interested in. His tints were to dark, his headlights were blue, his spoiler was illegal, his spoiler blocked his rearview, his stickers for his system blocked his rearview, his underbody lighting system was illegal, the list went on.

If you don't want to accept the risk, don't get the lights.

Besides, hyperwhites are brighter, and aren't ricer-looking. I have the Silverstars. Love 'em.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I agree. If you're scared then it's best not to do it cause you're gonna be worried everytime you drive at night. The pure blues look hella nice on the Tc though. I'm running the ultra violets right now and they are hella cool too. I love the way they look.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I got to get either violet or white. I've heared a lot of good feedback about them. Silverstar suck and i know this from exp. and from what people have said.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Any pictures?

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I have the hyper whites and am very happy with them...here is a pic of the oem vs hyper white in my garage.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Are pure blues alot dimmer than stock golden child? Do you have any pics of it on a dark street. I really want to go with aftermarket bulbs because i dont have the money for HID but i think the reflection of the blue bulbs in the reflectors look ricey.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I have the pure blue, they are nice bulbs, they do look just like Hids. They sure are blue, i didnt know they could be illigal, think they are in NY?

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have pure blue and some say it looks ricey but on my IIP i think they work just fine looks like a 8000k HID kit just not as bright. Ill see what i can do for pics and i do think compared to stock they emit a little bit of less light so if ur looking for the best light output id go with the hyper whites

·
Registered
895 Posts
I called the police in Indiana. They said that the blue head lights are legal. The underbody lights are legal as long as they are not blue or red. I ordered my Pure Blues on Wed, only 34.95. Also, I will be getting green underbody LED's.

·
Registered
64 Posts
i have the ultra whites on my tC, and no problems with the cops. i was pulled over the day before yesterday because of my tints, and they totally disregarded my lights.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have the hyper whites - imo, they have a very cool look to them. They don't look pure white to me, they kinda have a slight purple/blue hue that you can see in the pic that Azreal posted. They way they light up road signs is incredible. Add the white WLED 6-LED bulbs from superbrightled's as your parking lights - they look fantasic with the hyper whites.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Originally posted by filmnews@Nov 11 2005, 01:21 PM
I called the police in Indiana. They said that the blue head lights are legal. The underbody lights are legal as long as they are not blue or red. I ordered my Pure Blues on Wed, only 34.95. Also, I will be getting green underbody LED's.
you're lucky indiana is so relaxed about the blue headlights and underglow... but blue and green??!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.