Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im gona order my short shifter hopefully tonight, but im stuck on which weighted knnob to get. I live in Miami so im not to sure how hott a metal knob will get, but i was just wonderin which knobs you guys like, either from twm or any other place.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Originally posted by JP'sTc@Dec 27 2005, 04:46 PM
Im gona order my short shifter hopefully tonight, but im stuck on which weighted knnob to get. I live in Miami so im not to sure how hott a metal knob will get, but i was just wonderin which knobs you guys like, either from twm or any other place.
As hot as my TWM Bombshell gets, I still wouldn't trade it up for any other knob (except maybe one of the new ones they have coming out soon!).

-Ed

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Originally posted by JP'sTc@Dec 27 2005, 05:12 PM
Do you have any pics? And is it really that comftorable?
I really should take pics of my interior now that I got my sound system and shift knob put in...

I'll try to get some pics taken maybe this coming weekend. Gives me something to on Friday, which I have off.

It's very, very comfortable for me, but my fingers are shorter than average, so if your fingers are longer in length, the best bet is one of those new ones coming out which are larger in diameter.

-Ed

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Originally posted by Plissken@Dec 27 2005, 06:00 PM
I don't feel comfortable discussing my knob with strangers.
No doubt. And short shifter just doesn't fit in that same sentence. Then again, I'm not looking for something to satisfy diminuitive fingers either. To each his own...

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Originally posted by lo bux racer+Dec 27 2005, 07:16 PM-->QUOTE (lo bux racer @ Dec 27 2005, 07:16 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-Plissken
@Dec 27 2005, 06:00 PM
I don't feel comfortable discussing my knob with strangers.
No doubt. And short shifter just doesn't fit in that same sentence. Then again, I'm not looking for something to satisfy diminuitive fingers either. To each his own... [/b]
Or excessive heat or excessive cold, huh? Shrinkage does suck...

-Ed

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hijacked!!! Then Over-ran with completely pointless remarks that absolutely make no contribution to anyones life.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Originally posted by JP'sTc@Dec 27 2005, 07:36 PM
Hijacked!!! Then Over-ran with completely pointless remarks that absolutely make no contribution to anyones life.
What did you expect when you're throwing around words like, "knob," and, "hand," with some of the most gutter-brained gearheads around?

-Ed

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Hey, there's no gear in my head. But I have seen head gear.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Actually, for ONCE in my life, lol, I was sincere in talking about "knobs" and "hands" and being "comftorable" with fingers. LOL, oh well, sadly this is actually a bit entertaining.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Getting back to the topic...at hand...one thing that pisses me off about the Bombshell is that it doesn't have that new height adustment system; NTS or NST or whatever.

I'm hoping the new knobs coming out have it, so I'll definitely go for one of them.

-Ed

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Seriously, I like my TRD a lot. The right weight, the right feel, and neither scorching nor freezing.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Originally posted by lo bux racer@Dec 27 2005, 07:55 PM
Seriously, I like my TRD a lot. The right weight, the right feel, and neither scorching nor freezing.
I had that one since it came with my TRD short throw and I admit when I swapped it out got the damn OBX mesh ergo it was a huge mistake, but doing so taught me how much I prefer a heavier knob, so when I got the TWM I was SO happy with the weight increase--it's even heavier than the TRD knob. I know it's a thing of preference of course, but it makes things a lot smoother when I shift. I was hacking away with that damn featherweight OBX, but the TWM makes me butter-smooth.

-Ed

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.