Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, im no n00b when it comes to cars as i have a matrix xrs but every car is different right? as are the products.
i was just wondering what is the best sway bar or sway bar combo to have? i know there are the progress and trd rear sways only and the hotchkis front/rear sways and they are all adjustable. are there any other ones out there that i left out? if you guys have any of these, i'd like your input on them. thanks guys and this site is awesome! definitely the best tC site. btw, the tC is somewhat shared i guess cuz it's my GF's and she's still learning to drive stick.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
my guess would be that they are all pretty much the same... but i know nothing about it... but i would guess that all bars do the same thing function wise... but as for cost... i think you're just paying for the brand name

·
Registered
742 Posts
Hey buddy, you did not ask me first? Lol!

for a general upgrade just get a rear one from anybody really.

If you want to really go all out then get the adjustable one from Hotchkiss, get the front one then as well, I have spent a great deal of time talking to the owner of their tC about thier setup;)

Rick

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cool, another SD guy! goooooo pads!
theyre not all the same. it depends on the diameter and stiffness of the bar.

hey rick! i woulda asked you but im already flooding you with audio questions lol. have you put in any sways yet? im just wondering if you gotta drop the subframe like with the 'trix. ill probably just start out with the TRD rear sway and springs combo. and maybe later on ill get the hotchkis set if install isnt too bad. but its all up to myra lol.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I've heard much about the TRD rear sway and spring combo. Supposidly its a big difference but not to harsh. I'm putting the TRD springs on my car in about a week and plan on going with the TRD rear sway in the future. I will probably get the TRD shocks aswell. But the shocks will be much farther down the road. I would def. go with the springs first though its makes such a good visual change/plus a good bit of handling change. Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
843 Posts
Originally posted by CJandMJsMatrix@May 4 2005, 05:59 PM
hey guys, im no n00b when it comes to cars as i have a matrix xrs but every car is different right? as are the products.
i was just wondering what is the best sway bar or sway bar combo to have? i know there are the progress and trd rear sways only and the hotchkis front/rear sways and they are all adjustable. are there any other ones out there that i left out? if you guys have any of these, i'd like your input on them. thanks guys and this site is awesome! definitely the best tC site. btw, the tC is somewhat shared i guess cuz it's my GF's and she's still learning to drive stick.
Here's a link to the Hotchkis Sways on our site. The info is below the pic and might give you a little more info. They're finally in stock and we have 6 sets left.

http://www.trdsparks.com/displayparts.php?...11&parts_id=589

Ken

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.