Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, got my K&N intake, and now have enough money saved up for an Exhaust and winter is finally almost over. I know there has been some talk about the different exhausts and i know most people are going with the TRD. It is my first choice right now, but then I see sites claiming the INJEN gains 10-12 HP and 101ft/tq (www.racingsolution.com). And for around the same price as the TRD. I cant find a sound clip of the Injen, but for a 8-10 hp gain over the trd, wouldnt you think its worth it? So im pretty much stuck between Trd and injen. The borla also looks nice, but i dont need the air filter. (and dont want to pay an extra 50 dollars for it). So what would you knowledgable guys do? Go with the TRD that we know kicks ass?, or try the Injen, with not as good as a reputation, for a bigger gain? Thanks alot!!!

Injen- http://www.racingsolution.com/showparts.as...ion=DisplayPartInjen

Racing Solution- Sounds good. what you think?- and what about power gains??
Racing Solution

Trd-
TRD

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
I have heard the Injen somewhere and its really loud and obnoxious to me, I like the TRD sound and the Magnaflow sound that I have, some say its too ricey but I like it and its really quiet so yeah, I would go with the TRD or the Magnaflow if you want quiet if you want it to be a little louder get the Injen.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea, im starting to think about the Injen, it seems like they make pretty solid stuff, and the sound clip here, Injen Exhaust, really dosent sound to ricey to me, because i really dont want that. But a 10-12 hp gain,supposedly, with the injen for chaper. Or a 1-2 hp gain with the trd. I think im leaning towards the injen!, what you think about the sound test?

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
i like to hear a drive by...

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
^^^ no doubt. i would bet vital parts of my anatomy that if you dyno before and after, you wont see that gain from an axle-back exhaust. dont believe the hype from manufacturers.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea, im sure the gain isnt 10-12. But i would like to get as much as i can for my buck...? And like i said i have the intake, and dont plan on getting headers b/c of the warranty issues. Which one would you go with??????

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yea, from what i hear, the trd deff sounds the best. But now my desision is sound vs those few horsies? I want to order it asap, but i cant make up my damn mind haha

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I ordered the Injen!!!! I found it for 334.00 Shipped, thats at least 75.00 cheaper than i coulda found the TRD. Found that it weighs half of the TRD, and hopefully adds some more hp. Will Let you guys know what I think! Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Originally posted by Shep@Mar 27 2005, 08:40 PM
I ordered the Injen!!!! I found it for 334.00 Shipped, thats at least 75.00 cheaper than i coulda found the TRD. Found that it weighs half of the TRD, and hopefully adds some more hp. Will Let you guys know what I think! Thanks for the help!
Definitely post up some pics and sound clips if you can there are tons of people out there that would love to hear this thing

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Bet it's real loud.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Cheapest exhaust mod is unbolt the stock muffler and leave it at home. Sounds about 30% louder than TRD, but still drivable around town. I was bored this weekend and took 10 minutes to do it - went past several cops - they did not care - it's still quieter than most riced out civics.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Originally posted by zoltiz@Mar 28 2005, 06:18 AM
Cheapest exhaust mod is unbolt the stock muffler and leave it at home. Sounds about 30% louder than TRD, but still drivable around town. I was bored this weekend and took 10 minutes to do it - went past several cops - they did not care - it's still quieter than most riced out civics.
hahaha.. thats classic, if only the cops were not such assholes around here

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hey guys, found a clip of the Injen, Mine should be in early next week, I think it sounds Awesome, No way you can tell me that sounds Ricey. What you guys think?

Exhaust Clip

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.