Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love the sound of the Infiniti G35 coupe exhaust, does anyone know which aftermarket exhaust sounds the most similar to the stock G35 exhaust? I believe the Nissan 350Z has the same exhaust because it also sounds sweet. Would love to get my tc to sound similar, even though I know it won't be the same just looking for something similar.

Thanks all!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I don't think there is any exhaust for the tc that will sound like that mainly b/c the nissan/infinity g 35 are v6's. It's kinda like tryin to make our car sound like a v8 mustang. I mean you probably COULD do it if you were able to put the vq engine in our car if it would fit which it probably won't

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
the closest I have heard is my friends custom magnaflow (not the retail one) he has a generic magnaflow that is slightly bigger for our engine size and its kinda quite yet it can make a small roar when its in full throttle...its basically what I am getting here shortly...of course after my sway bar

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I heard some of the TRD clips and it sounds pretty good, not quite Infiniti, but like you said Protius you can't really get our 4 cylinders to sound like the close to 300 h.p. Infiniti G35. Damn I just love the sound when a G35 coupe goes by me, all I can do as admire, cause there ain't no way I'm going to be passing them anytime soon LOL!

·
Registered
895 Posts
Go Injen!

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
try vroom box!

but seriously wat so good about those sounds, G35/FX35/45 they all have the same sound, my fd drives an RSX, constantly talkin to me about gettin a "nismo" exhaust for his rsx so his rsx can sound like those infiniti, me just"......"
Z exhaust > g35 exhaust

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
dude, its the TRD exhaust. i have it and i say that all the time. it sounds like a G35. and thats what everybody else always says too. however if ur gonna get headers dont get the TRD. people say it turns obnoxious. so sad tho. i had an exellent deal on sum DC headers.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I have the magnaflow catback on my car and I can say it's a quiet system with a much deeper tone. I've heard the trd, injen, hks, greddy, and dc sports on our car before making my decision. All I can say is that its a matter of opinion. Most don't sound that clean and are a little towards that raspy side. I wanted something that would sound more like a subtle sports car and not so much like a rice tuner, if you get an idea of what I'm trying to say. Not to menstion it gives half way decent power gains (ave dyno @ 6whp). The trd is nice on a stock tc but some people are saying that it can turn into a fart can, usually with a header. Hope you're happy with what ever you get.... I went through the "which exhaust" not to long ago.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Originally posted by Robs_tc@Feb 10 2006, 03:38 AM
I have the magnaflow catback on my car and I can say it's a quiet system with a much deeper tone. I've heard the trd, injen, hks, greddy, and dc sports on our car before making my decision. All I can say is that its a matter of opinion. Most don't sound that clean and are a little towards that raspy side. I wanted something that would sound more like a subtle sports car and not so much like a rice tuner, if you get an idea of what I'm trying to say. Not to menstion it gives half way decent power gains (ave dyno @ 6whp). The trd is nice on a stock tc but some people are saying that it can turn into a fart can, usually with a header. Hope you're happy with what ever you get.... I went through the "which exhaust" not to long ago.
Just get ya the 14216 model magnaflow muffler and viola its quiet at idle and rather sporty at WOT.

·
Registered
508 Posts
i have the greddy on mine and i really love the way it sounds. however everyone has a preference. otherwise why would people have hondas that sound the way they do.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.