Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there community. Im shopping for a wiring kit. Im kind of new to audio and am doing as much reading to get everything done the right way.

Ive bought:

Boss TW-30 tweeters (real good imho) for my highs
4 Mid-ranged o2 Audio 100 watt speakers
Audiobahn A4601T 4 Channel Amp
Alpman's Spacers
Fatmat 50^2 feet + Roller

Now, i know the wires are real important to audio quality. I dont know wether to chose 4, 8, or what guage to use. I would love an explanation. Ive been searching, but cant find a good clean answer.

Also, ive been reading i will need a Line Out Control for the radio. Is it a must? I plan on changing the deck to a AVIC-D1 in december.

ENLIGHTEN ME! Thanks

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
4 gauge will give you room to expand later if you wanted and mostly 4 gauge is rated for about 500 Watts RMS (NOT MAX!). I am running 4 gauge and it works perfectly for my 450 Watts RMS kicker amp, so if I were you I would run 4 gauge

·
Registered
28 Posts
^^ good link

You should definitely keep in mind that you want to size your power wire to handle the amount of current (amperage) that the amplifier will draw under maximum load. Wattage ratings are not all equal, so use the maximum current rating listed on the amp or in the instruction manual to guide you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.