Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to install an Alpine MRP-F240 amp, probably under the seat. I think I pretty much have the thing under control but I have one important question for anyone who may have done this job already.

Where did you bring the power cable in from the battery?

I can see several places on the firewall where I could bring a wire through if I could acutally get my hand in there. I have the strut tower brace which doesn't help. Can anyone help me out?

·
Registered
730 Posts
Passenger side grommet has two nipples. Cut off the tip of one of the nipples and use a long screwdriver to penetrate the inside of the grommet. Then fish the power wire thru. It will come out just beside the ECU behind the glove box. Best to remove the glove box to access and route the wire.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
yeah its going to enter behind the glove box you will need to take that out and unscrew the ecu push it to the side and there is a rubber grommet push that to the side and you can get the power wire through.

^^^Looks like Alpman posted faster that I did

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It works! Thanks Alpman, your instructions were great. Having the strut tower brace really makes it hard to get in there; I had to take the engine cover off to even get my hand in. If you hadn't told me about the nipple I never would have seen it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.