Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in my last semester of college and I'm probably going to order a tC as soon as I get a job lined up. I was just at the Philly car show and the tC there had the upgraded 18" EMX Super 7 spoke wheels. I really like them and I'll probably spring for them, but I've been looking around here and other sites, and I hardly ever see them. I was just wondering why that was. Are they just not popular, or are they not very good?

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Personally, I couldn't see spending $800 or whatever to replace the stock wheels, which I love.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I think a lot of people feel that if they want to upgrade their wheels, that they'll get something more than the 18's that Scion offers.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I guess $1565 is a lot to spend, although I assume that includes tires, but the website says that's the pricing for CA and that installation isn't included. So for those that have them, how much did you spend altogether on them?

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
i bought the first set we got in here at my shop in sacramento, and i paid XXXX for mine. we retail them out at 1565, and it includes wheels, tires, mount, balance, install. the may be a "factory upgrade" and that might make people think they arent being original enough, but i look at it this way - a very few percentange of cars on the road are tC's. they are rarely seen, even by us drivers. even fewer of those tC's have these wheels. i think i am safe from the copycat police.

besides, they look sick.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, they really do look sick. So you think that 1565 is an ok deal? The only reason I'm starting to lean towards not getting them is that I can get a bunch of other accessories with that money. First things first, I gotta get myself a job, but the day that happens I'll be taking a trip to the Scion dealer to place an order.

edit: Do you have any more pics of the flint mica with the 18s? That's probably the combo I'm gonna go for, it looks so good.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.