Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where, and what kind of HU kit can i get to add a single Din HU into the stock double Din slot. Without just having open air space around the top and bottom, something that will look VERY stock and fit the single din centered in the middle of the opening.

All suggestions welcome.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
First I just fabbed a kit to work with the stock brackets, any double din kit will work. After that for a few weeks i got the kit from crutchfield that fits pretty good, but i still had to mod it so the door would shut.

Ed

If you search there are pics around, however i added one of my pics here to kind of show you what it looks like. There is a extra cubby with the spare space.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome thanks for the pic bud. Ordered me a Scion Kit from Crutchfield a few minutes ago, what kind of mods did it need to get it to fit so the door would move as well.

Also what kind of stuff did you need to do to make up a new wiring harness for your HU?

The wiring harness is my biggest concern as of now.

BTW Eclipse 8053 on its way.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
The wiring harness you can get from crutchfield too, you just solder and tape/heatshrink all the connections, or twist and tape, whatever you preference. They are color coded and labeled, you can't much screw them up.

The door would move find with the kit, howver the door when shut would push buttons on the faceplate so i just re-mounted the headunit about 2 mm deeper in the adapter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.