Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
most tc's right now are on back order, so they come into port with your name on it. Soooo that said, you'd have to order them, and they're installed at factory (in japan). One warning though, i heard that side-airbagged tc's will take longer to make their way over here than the regular ones.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have my name down on the list already. they said it will take 12-14 weeks, so my guess is I have about 10 more weeks to wait.
It sucks to have to wait for safety. One dealer called me just right now and said there is a low demand for them and that no one really knows when it will be arriving...Calling my dealer a lier. I think he was bsing me!!

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
^^^ 14 weeks? damn. not for me. both cars i ordered with side airbags are coming in on my next allocation next week. and i ordered them on the 2nd of august.
in reality, the only difficulty i have seen is getting tC's in a specific color. and thats just because i have multiple requests for that color, in any xmission, w/ or w/o side bags. unfortunately, if you are on the bottom of the list for that color, the wait is longer. flint mica, in any configuration, is backordered through me for 3 months. but any other color, in any configuration, i can get in about 3 weeks max. sometimes sooner.
d.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Everytime I read another thread about the wait it makes me so glad that I went in looking at cars without any specific requriements and was able to drive away with one the same day I went to look. I don't think I could have driven around in my focus for 14 weeks waiting for my new car to arrive. Plus I'm too impatient to be able to wait that long.

·
Registered
55 Posts
i got my automatic bsp with side airbags in just 3 days over 5 weeks. it had to be ordered and shipped over. i had no luck with finding it through a dealer trade.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts