Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about ordering 20mm spacers for the rear wheels. Are there any adverse effects?

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Same situation here - stock wheels, moderate drop. We'll see how it turns out next weekend

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by $The TC$ @HTown@Jul 25 2005, 01:19 AM
I would think u might want to space all four wheels, otherwise u might upset the cars handling or balance. Why u just want to space out the rears?
That's what I was talking about - why does toyota put the rear wheels so deep into the wells and if I put the spacers on the front, too - do I get back to at least stock quality handling/safety?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I suggest 15mm on the front. I orginally had 20mm front & rear on mine but the front edge tires scuffs the fender wells when it nosedives on dips. I replaced it with 15mm and the problem went away so I don't have to slow down to 5mph when passing dips.

Besides, it looks more proportion with 15mm front and 20mm rear because as zoltiz also noticed, the rear tires are really tucked in.

I posted some pics of my ride at scionlife when I had them done. I also have a thread for a DIY for the front at clubsciontc if you want to check them out. I didn't have the time to take pictures when I did the rears but it was just as easy.

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
What's the link to the pics?

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I think that looks really nice. It doesn't look like I'd have to learn spanish after that (although I'm learning a little bit while I'm here.)

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Looks just like 8.5" wide rims with a +48 offset.

·
Registered
24 Posts
For those people that could not find the 20mm spacers due to manufacturer(H&R) being out of stock for over 2 months now, maybe you can check if the one on the link below will work. Make sure the bolt patterns and stuffs are the same as the H&R before you order.

http://www.tcsportline.com/categories.php?Cid=160

It looks like it will be easier to install. It looks like the lug bolts are part of it so you might not need to replace the stock lug bolts which is the difficult part. Hopefully it is the same quality and as safe as H&R's. It might even be cheaper too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.