Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay guys, I've got a couple of wheel choices picked out for the tc I'm getting next year (yeah I'm buying the mods before the car) and I wanted some opinion on them. I also had a question about the width of the wheel vs. the height - basically will a 17x8 or possibly an 18x8 cause any "fender problems". Basically I'm use to cars with wide wheels and I personally think that it gives the car better handling and a better stance and I do understand that I can't stagger a front wheel drive car, we're talking wide wheels all around, but no more than 8 inches.

Here are the pics of the wheels I'm looking at right now -
- This one is the Acreo Dragstar and I was looking at the 17x7.5 and the 18x7.5

This is the HP EVO - the lip is the same on the 18x8

- Drifz 506 gm2 17x8

And lastly - Dritz 505 in gloss black also 17x8

Also if it helps, the car is going to be black.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I like the 3rd ones. What color's your car?

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Yeah, definitely the 3rd ones.

·
Registered
725 Posts
What the hell. Why do people keep buying accessories before they buy the car? Especially if it's not even going to be this year. Oh well, if you got money coming out your ass, what better have you got to blow it on.

Anyways, if it were me I'd pick the 1st ones. That thicker look would be pretty tight on the BSP IMO. The 3rd ones are great, too. Can't go wrong with either.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
i like the 4th ones personally....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by Cool Ethan@Aug 2 2006, 10:24 AM
What the hell.  Why do people keep buying accessories before they buy the car?  Especially if it's not even going to be this year.  Oh well, if you got money coming out your ass, what better have you got to blow it on.

Anyways, if it were me I'd pick the 1st ones.  That thicker look would be pretty tight on the BSP IMO.  The 3rd ones are great, too.  Can't go wrong with either.
It's not a matter of wasting money, it just about modding your car quickly. I've always been like that and I don't think it's going to stop - I mean I know what car I'm getting, I know what color so why not build the mod list. Plus I'm in the military and I have access to a garage where I can put the part on as soon as they come in. To each their own. I'm really diggin the 1st set - I like that thick look especially on black.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by Cool Ethan@Aug 3 2006, 05:31 AM
Sorry dude I didn't mean to sound like a jerk. I was in a bad mood yesterday. You're right, why not buy your sh!t now.

I'm glad you agree w/me on the 1st ones, I'd definately say go with those.
It alright dude, I use to say that too. Personally, I think once you get a little experience in modding cars you can start to do it from the beginning instead of waiting (if you have the money). And I have this insane theroy that if you mod your engine before you break it in, you make better use of your engine mods - especially exhaust, headers, and intake.

·
Registered
2012 tC hatchback
12 Posts
Hey guys,
My tC has factory mags with 225/45R18 on all four. I'm older than you all so, I'm considering a 17" wheel with a taller/fatter tire. (kinda like the muscle car era)
How can I find out if a 17 would fit around the disk brake caliper?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts