Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Choice #4

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey you all I just wanted some opinions about what you all thought about my rim choices.

Choice #1 - 18's

Choice #2 - 19's

Choice #3 - 19's

Choice #4 - 19's

I know I know I do this all of the time but I have come to the conclusion that these are the four that I want and I can't decide on which one I like the best. Thanks

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think that I am going to get 20 X 7.5s on the third choice. How wide could I have the tires, what I mean is what size would fit without rubbing?

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Don't like the "universal fit" wheels - will only buy specifically designed 5x100 ones. Konig is really not a brand of choice - they manage to make extremely heavy wheels...

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
I don't think you'll be able to fit 20's on the car. If you do, you'll get to make that drive from Wicheeeta sooner than you think cuz we'll all want to see. I like #1 and #3 (in 19's!!!) if you're planning on lowering the car you won't be able to put 20's on.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Actually according to my body shop and my mechanic here in town with the TRD springs I will still have enough room in the wheel well to lower my car with the springs and still have 20s! I am excited about them and I am planning to get them in really soon! I am going to go with the 3rd choice of course!

Heck yea you all can come down to check out my rims I know they will be bad azz, and two the with on the rim is close to stock at 7.5" thats another reason they gave while they are not going to rub....so yeah excited none the less

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
I'm pretty sure the tC will rub with 20s on. If i remember correctly it supposedly will rub just a little with the TRD 19s and lowering springs.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Anyhow this is what they will look like I am not quite sure on size yet but we will see...Oh yeah and I am not the greatest photochopper so go easy.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Mine too. And I'll be amazed if they don't rub. I hit the wheel well when I go over small hills in the intersections and I only have 18's and the drop. 20's....you're going to have to be careeeeeful. Over anything. And good luck over speed bumps. Or getting it aligned.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Wheel size does not matter for bottoming out and rubbing. Tire size matters. Lab, I'm not sure why would yours rub - they are only 1/2" larger in diameter, so it's only 1/4" bigger radius...

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Yes, we know you are a car beater.

·
Registered
129 Posts
#1 and #2 look good as just wheels but then when you put them on the car, i think they will look funny. some wheels look nice just as they are and some dont look that nice but when you put it on a car it will. so to me, i wouldn't go with those. as for three, it reminds me of the stock wheels, i wouldn't get aftermarket that looks like stock. therefore, i was left with #4 as the choice, even though that isnt the best looking rim out there.

i bet you can find better choices. just keep looking at other wheels. as for the 20s, i think with no drop you can get away with little if no rubbing. i like the looks of trd drop with 19s, just do that combo.
that way, you wont have to worry about bending the rims AS MUCH, you save you money from buying bigger wheels, and you wont add so much weight to your car. i would only go 20s, even if they fit for show only. i wouldnt even wanna drive on them.

for a black car, it would look sick if you had black wheels with a polished lip. you should look into that.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Sounds like the bump stop is missing on your spring install. That's the only reason you should rub.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I think the 20's look a little too big, the 2nd choice 19's are sweet, esp since you have a black tc

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.