Scion tC Forums banner

How much you paying a month for your TC?

• 200 - 300

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 300 - 375

• 371 - 450

• 451 - 525

• 526 - 600

1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
No option for nothing. I have yet to pay for my car, my mileage expenses cover all my costs.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You are the envy of many TC owners. I wish my company paid for my car. You must be putting some mad miles on the car though traveling?

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I pay $350 per month. I'm looking to refinance that at the end of the year. I should be able to cut that by $50.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Originally posted by VoLIMIT@Aug 12 2005, 07:46 PM
You are the envy of many TC owners.  I wish my company paid for my car.  You must be putting some mad miles on the car though traveling?
Better the tC at $0.09 a mile than the Supra at $0.16 a mile just for gas.

Yes, I have 16k on the car already, bought it in October. Lots of trips from Sactown to the Bay Area for work.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
I'm paying $200 or so - whatever minimum current payment on the credit card is.
tC gets moved around from one 0% APR card to another. When it becomes more of a hassle than a money-making enterprise it will get paid off.
I mean why pay interest if these 0% balance transfer offers keep on coming?

·
Registered
498 Posts
Just found out my paymeants will be in the $375- $425 range:)
Yay for GEN-ONE!

Rob

·
Registered
498 Posts
Yoshi!!!

Rob

·
Registered
445 Posts
if my payment was 374 i would have to be in two catagories up there...u need fix that

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Don't you folks know that paying straight cash for a car is a big no-no? You'll make no advance on your credit score, take a bigger hit on depreciation... make a big down if you want, but you have to sustain at least 6-9 months of payments for the car to reflect on your credit. Take it from us old guys. Old guys with credit scores up around 775 or so.

$271 a month, 54 payments to go.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well, you could do it your way Isotope. But if you have the money why not just pay it up front to the guy and not worry about payments. What if you can't make the payments, such and such. I paid it on the spot, 19,774 for the car. I already got my windows tinted, getting my grill craft grill in , and at the latest, end of this month, i'll have my pioneer n2 deck installed.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
If you pay cash for a vehicle, it does not exist in terms of credit agencies-- they have no idea whose cash paid for the car. So later, when you go to apply for a loan for something you can't afford to buy in one swoop, you missed out on $20,000 worth of purchase history.

Even if you had made payments for about a year, and spent the $400 or so in interest, it's worth it for the positive impact on your credit rating.

It's the same as the folks who say "I pay cash for everything, I never use credit cards"-- well, that's an equally bad idea. You need to carry the open lines, and be sure to use them at least once every 12 months to ensure that they don't go dormant. No one is syaing you actually have to run up bills and pay the evil interest. Buy the trinkets on the card, pay it off as soon as the bill shows up.

This is why so many people with shiny new cars and high incomes still have mid-600s credit scores: they don't know how to play the game. I can get a loan for 2 or 3 points lower than a guy with 4x my income. Because I make my payments on time, have a great income to debt ratio... and know how to play the game.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Originally posted by lo bux racer@Aug 12 2005, 11:14 PM
Yes, I have 16k on the car already, bought it in October. Lots of trips from Sactown to the Bay Area for work.
i go to the bay area from sactown twice a week. i have put 4000 on in one month!

bye the way i paid for my tc flat out also...

·
Registered
868 Posts
333/month. I put $7500 down, and financed $12,500. I wanted to obtain good credit

To avoid the 14.6% interest toyota is $crewing me with (because I had no credit when buying the car, and the idea was to start earning some), I make my normal payment to Toyota, and then send them a check for the same amount just on the principal. I'll have her paid off pretty quick.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Dr. I, you can earn good credit rating without having a vehicle financed. And $18K loan @ 5% will accrue $830 in interest first year - not $400, so I had to say "hell no".

My credit history is 4 years old (I'm in the country since '01), when I was buying the tC my score was in the 785 neighborhood. I don't have a mortgage, never carried balances on the credit cards, and my first car loan was financed by a friend, so it was not reported to the big 3 agencies.

So if you can pay cash - do it, or abuse the greed of credit card companies like I do and enjoy 0% APR for 2-3 years and make some interest instead of paying it.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Well obviously you can make credit without financing a vehicle, but why throw away nearly $20k worth of purchase history. Any lender that offers decent rates will look at more than just your score-- your purchase history, ability to make payments, and amounts successfully financed bear far more weight than available capacity.

The "if you can pay cash do it" notion is dangerously shortsighted. When it comes time to buy a home will you be able to go plunk down $300k or more in cash? Or will you be happy with the 6.5% rate you'll get based on the "hollow" credit score?

1 - 20 of 125 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.