Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When Scion first appeared with their models x A/B , it was getting a lot of attention here in LA. KIISFM, an LA radio station, was given them away, creating a buzz for it. I for one was not impressed.
At that time I was only seeing xB and I just didn't like it. I remember thinking, "we've come a long way from making boxed cars to rounded cars, and now back to boxed cars, what's up with that?" But I still thought Scion was a little different. lol, I also remembered thinking I would never buy a scion!
But as soon as I saw the tC, I think my exact words were, "lalslasjbj lazknsjbxshj jksbdj kjfnjk ejbd" I think I forgot an L there somewhere...

Speaking of, last night I was driving home, and I saw an xB in front of me, not a big shocker because I see more of these cars than Hondas combined! People from the left lane were pointing at me and the xB and I noticed their fingers were also pointing to another. I kept saying, "what, what?" then the xB made a right and just in front of the xB was, yup, you guessed it, and xA. We were in a ordered line! what are the chances of that?

Oh yeah, I almost collided with another Scion tC.
ok ok ok, Not really. I'm exaggerating. He was leaving our school's parking lot while I was entering. I've always seen that blue Scion and cursed it b/c I was all happy that I was the only one with a Scion tC in the school. But I think he was more pissed since it's obvious he has had it longer. I still don't have my plates, yet. I'm hoping I'll park next to the car. Our own scion crusade.

BTW, KIISFM is also giving away tC. check it out at www.kiisfm.com

Recent News about my tC:
Just hit over 1000 miles in less than a month!

·
Registered
58 Posts
I couldn't stand the xA xB, I still don't really like them but they're a helluva lot better than the Honda Element,
now THAT'S a car I'm sick of seeing around. Really, what turned me away from Scion at first were the advertisements. I thought they were trying too hard and it just reeked of some 58 year old business man trying to "understand the youth of today".

My first impression of the tC was SWEEEEEEETTTTT!!!
However I thought it was going to be a crappy little girl coupe THEN when I saw it in person and saw that it's a coupe on steroids then I felt better.

I LOVE my car and everytime I see an xA and xB I think, "awwwww, you should've waited because THIS is what you COULD be driving!!!"

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
^^^^^ bingo. I was like, POS xb and xA

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
I felt the same way. Someone told me about the tC and I rolled my eyes.

Until I started doing some research.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
I always thought the xA and xB were ugly.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Originally posted by basilisk4@Oct 15 2004, 04:51 PM
I always thought the xA and xB were ugly.
They are

I remember thinking, "How could Toyota make such ugly little crapbuckets?" The crapbucket part was a little harsh, I suppose.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Yea, I suppose they serve their purpose -- basically like Geos that won't break down in 3 years -- but I had no interest in them.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I thought the xB was hideous at first, but it has slowly sort of grown on me. Not enough to ever have bought one, however. I thought the xA was really cute--I probably would have given it a look had the tC not come out when it did. When I first saw the tC online, I was bummed because it was a 2-door, and I was pretty committed to 4 doors. I also thought I was too old for it. But then I saw it in person, and that was the end of wanting 4 doors or caring that I was too old for it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts