Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you guys seen these things? They're TINY. Not to mention I blew my 15A accessory fuse and couldn't find one to replace it at three different stores. I ended up buying some regular ones the same size and trimming one to fit lol.

Anyway, anybody have any suggestsions besides the dealership? (They were closed today)

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
I had this problem about a year ago, and even the dealership didn't have the right kind of fuse. Just use standard mini fuses. They fit just fine without filing them, although they will stick out.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Now I remember what I did. The fuse box under the hood will close just fine with one or two standard (larger) minifuses in there instead of the stock ones. Take a tiny 15A fuse from that box and replace it with a minifuse, and then put the tiny one in the other fuse box near the driver's seat so that it will close. Problem solved.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Glad to help. Two or three of my fuses blew within a week or so last fall, so I had to scramble around looking for replacements. I never did find the right kind, but I haven't had any more problems with my fuses since then.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Nice thread. This is why I like this place!

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
By the way, the fuses are made by a company called LITTELFUSE. They have several distributors, one of which is Mouser electronics (www.mouser.com). Part numbers 897___
where 89707.5 is the 7.5 A, 897010 is the 10A, 897015 is the 15A and so forth

I ordered the fuses from them for way cheaper than the dealer, but I had them shipped back to Jersey. They look like the right ones, but I'll let you guys know for sure if they're the right ones when I get back home for XMAS.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.