Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so I noticed this thing on the front driver's side bumper of the car when I was looking at the Silver Streak on the lot yesterday, but I didn't really think about it until later in the day. There was this circle on the bumper...maybe about 2 inches in diameter or something.

Well, I went to look at some other pics and noticed that it's on the other cars I saw on the site here, too. What in the heck is that for? Its hardly noticable on the Flint Mica pics I've seen...but it REALLY stood out on the silver...

·
Registered
1 Posts
that hole is for towing, they used it on the boats when they shipped them from Japan. it comes out and thats how the secure the car on the boat.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
check in your spare tire well, they should be an 8" eye bolt in there. screws in through that hole, tow point for your vehicle. chain or strap underneath would break the bumper once you applied force to it, so they go through it instead. brilliant!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Kix is right!
It is used 2 secure the car on the ship.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmmm....OK. It's functional, I suppose....but I still can't believe they just have a hole in the bumper. LOL.

·
Registered
197 Posts
...i've been told my NUMEROUS dealers that it's for when you get towed, but not for the boats. I was told it's so if you're getting towed, they don't have to splice wires or anything to get to your taillights, there's plugs right there after knocking out the hole...

·
Registered
999 Posts
Yea, and on the more expensive cars like BMW have extra holes. Eject water on the headlights (I think).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts