Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friends are still giving me grief about me wanting to trade in my 95 camaro z28 for a tc. My camaro has 66,000 miles, and overall is in good shape. I'm just tired of the poor gas mileage/high up keep. This is why I am considering buying a tc. I love the body style of it and the price is perfect for me. I know I will miss the horspower my camaro has, but I also know I will be happy with the tc, and feel safer in it, as my camaro has started to give me some mechanical problems lately.

So, I guess I'm wondering if you were in my situation what would you do? I know I have posted this subject before, but I'm really in a bind here, and would really appreciate some more advice.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
32 Posts
The way I see it, the horsepower of the camaro would be missed. However, since you are starting to get mechanical problems I'd sell it while you can still get a good deal of money for it. It's milage isn't too bad and no major mechanical problem has popped up yet. That's just my two cents.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
^^^What he said.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
My mom says I'm cool.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Sell the camaro private party, get more cash for it than u would trade in value, then drop that as a down payment on your SC'd tC. You'll be set bro.

Chevy's are crap anyway, the camaro just has enough horses to make you forget it sometimes. 66000 miles and you're having mechanical issues already? Dude my honda was at 102000 when i got it and it was perfect until i dogged it out. My timing belt FINALLY snapped at about 164,000. Still don't have any oil leaks even worthy of the name.

Japanese cars just last longer period.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I converted from Chevy's to Toyotas ten years ago and will NEVER go back. They had to almost peal my hands off my old Camry (190,000 perfect miles) to put me in the tC. I wanted them both! The tC is the BEST CAR IN ITS CLASS in the world, and leaves them all in the dust, and many much more expensive. ballyhooed cars as well. You won't ever regret buying a Toyota. I LOVELOVELOVELOVE my new tC!!! These days, I can't wait to have to drive somewhere, even in the city. I smile all day. It's just like being in love!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.