Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here is the story...... So I walk into my local pawn shop and I'm shooting the breeze with one of the employees about the different amps and things they have in there. (I used to work there so i know the business and all the guys there). So i just happen to glance up to the top shelf and there it was.......... A box that said Diamond Audio on it. I asked about them and he said they were selling them for somone who won them. They are the top of the line seriese from Diamond, the s500s components. That means they are 5 1/4" with soft dome tweets. Now on to the dillema. I can get them for a rediculous price. Without talking them down i can get them for 125. BRAND NEW. But they arent 6 1/2" (like i would like to put in the front doors of the tc when i get it). I really wanted 6 1/2" components. I was going to go with the bottom of the line focal components wich would end up costing way more than these. Another thing is that the focal components tweeter is huge. and I wasnt sure If I wanted to hvae that huge tweeter in there. The diamond audio tweete is regular sized. What would you guys and gals do?

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
I'm with Duckman. Or, try installing them yourself first -- then, if you don't like them, sell them at a profit and buy the other ones you wanted.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I guess i could try what you said basilisk. I went and looked at the focals after I posted and from what I saw i'll probably go with the focals. Besides my friend might want to put the diamonds in his camaro. oh well ill sleep on it a night or two. Anybody else?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.