Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Even it has been almost 2 yrs, (33,000+) I'm still looking for the solution. I went to the recall, hope they would fix the vibrating problem on the deflector. unfortunately, the vibrating noise is still haunting me.

My problem is, When driving at 70-85 miles per hour, the deflector (I assume) is frequently heavily vibrating and creating annoying noise. It used to occur when driving slowly on the rough surface road but now it changed to this. I've been driving and trying to live with it. Is this a normal thing that occurs with other tCs? or just mine?

The other problem is the glove compartment. It's lose and also making squeaking noise.

The first dealer, they changed the new DEFLECTOR for me( they said the angle of the old deflector was not right)....nothing happened, problem still there, went back again, they applied something like a black tape on it. I guess they probably thought it should help reduce the noise or something. however, it didn't work. I changed the dealer. They adjusted something, tightening the screws maybe, which solved the "driving slowly on the rough surface road noise". However, just for a while, the "70-85mph happened instead. huhh.... poor me.

Forget about the glove compartment. I'll find the way to fix it myself.

I will let the dealer deal with the problem one more time before my warrantee end.
If you were me what will you do? any suggestion.

Sorry for any grammatical and typing error.

·
Registered
6,072 Posts
Originally posted by JuST_pLAiN@Jan 15 2006, 11:57 PM
When driving at 70-85 miles per hour, the deflector (I assume) is frequently heavily vibrating and creating annoying noise.
Do you mean that your driving that fast with the moonroof open so that the deflector is up? I could be wrong, but I've always assumed that it's not good to have the moonroof open if your going above 50 or 60. I know when I've had it up that fast with it open, there's so much wind hitting it that it's loud and it sounds like there's too much pressure.

Maybe that's just me though.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Yeah, I second that, if your driving 70+ with that deflector up, you going to get nosie no matter what. Think about the amount of downforce that thing creates at 70+, hell I've drivin with my sunroof popped up on the highway, after 70mph, I could feel the car's ride height going down cause of the sunroof up...

Rob

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
If you are hearing a noise with the moonroof closed at 75 -80 mph, it could be the rubber strip around the windshield. Mine failed on the driver's side, and it sounded like a giant fly was buzzing in the car at any speed over 75.

If you are complaining about a noise with the moonroof open, check the owner's manual. You are not supposed to drive with it open at high speed, and it could shatter from a rock strike at high speed. Even with the TSB applied, shattering the deflector would not be fun.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nope, the moon roof is real closed when i'm driving. Thanks guys for all comments. After reading all other posts regarding non-stop problems, I will do the best i can. If it's not work out well, it's time to let it go and enjoy driving the car no matter what because we love it anyway

Thanks,

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Click here. Follow the link to the pics. If you have the same problem I did, you can check it yourself.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.