Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I just bought a tC Manual 1 month ago.
I was gonna get a CAI, but people were telling me not to..
so now I don't know I shall get for ma car..
I can spend up $250 rite now..
any ideas??
help~~

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
nice exhaust?
short shifter?
rear sway bar?
a set of springs, minus install?

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
depends what you want. If you want intake get it! it will just be pretty much noise and some bling under the hood. I'd go with inevitablegod on this one. Shortshifter/springs/sways are money well spent. Oh and ofcourse the exhaust, sound nice and some bangin bling.
The options are endless.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
If I were you, I'd save my money for now. In the interim, decide what you really want to do to your car. If you've only had your tC for a month, you've probably got a good long while to be making modifications to it, so no need to rush it.

If you do decide to get an exhaust... I can't help you there, I'm still unsure what I want to do about that. Most of the bolt-on axle-backs are over $250 though, I believe. If you don't bolt it on yourself, be sure to figure in installation costs (which probably wouldn't be too much for an exhaust bolt on... maybe $50-75, this is what I was quoted at 2 different tuner shops, but they seem to be more reasonable than most places I've heard about).

Good luck figuring out what you want to do. There's a million different things that have been done to modify vehicles, and an infinite number of things that haven't yet been done to modify vehicles... so I still suggest taking your time with it.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Do a search for "trd exhaust". that should bring up a quite a few in-depth threads that this has already been discused in. Floating around here somewhere is a thread that someone took the time to make an exhaust-compilation video file. So you can listen to the different exhausts back to back.

But ya know what, most people don't know how to search, and I'll just go ahead and assume you're one of them--don't take it personal. So I'll just upload the vid to my server. One sec.

http://lindhome.com/photos/tc/exhausts.wmv

There. It's 3am, and I'm feeling generous for some reason. Just watch the video and make up your mind.

At any rate, the best investment I made for my car was buying a V1. It has "saved me" money so many times.. It's a good "investment". But there are plenty of people here that wouldn't consider that a "mod". If you've only got $200'sh.. maybe get some tint? I can't think of much you can get for $200. If you can't make up your mind, I'd say save the cash, and re-think your upgrades when you have like $400 or $500. Then you can look into exhausts, springs, fog lights, different front grilles, struts/shocks, HID's, brakes, sound-systems... the list goes on and on and on.

·
BOOST its what I do!
6,604 Posts
Dont get an axel back all that is is a muffler that you spend an absorbadent amount of money on get a cat back then get the S-Pipe and a header. then you will have some good exhaust.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Originally posted by neo-truth@Jan 13 2006, 03:19 AM
If I were you, I'd save my money for now. In the interim, decide what you really want to do to your car. If you've only had your tC for a month, you've probably got a good long while to be making modifications to it, so no need to rush it.
I only waited a week before I started modding

2 things you could possibly get: Tints, or a good alarm. I'm not sure how much tints cost but it should be about that.. And a good car alarm is always a good investment. Mine cost me $400 though - kinda out of your price range. Or you could go with an aftermarket stereo head unit - it will sound a LOT better. Trust me.

If you want to do a few smaller things, think of stuff like:
Shift knob
Door Sills
License Plate Frames
Replace Lights w/ LED's
Mud Guards (if you want them - I did)
Strut Bar (A little more pricey but it helps with the handling)
Floor Mats
Sport Pedals

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
You can get a Viper alarm installed for around $250. If you shop around, you can get your windows tinted for $120-150.

·
Registered
26 Posts
If U really want to Make a difference on performance mods I would suggest saving up on your money and looking for a stand alone fuel management system. Do alittle research about it. Its something that in the end can make a big difference and is really satisfying.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Why would you do fuel management with a stock N/A car? It's a waste unless you go F/I (Super/Turbocharger).

·
Registered
26 Posts
OOO yeh i forgot to add that also
... Cause thats what im going to be doin (a turbo) AFTER gettin an independant Fuel management system, but actually i was talkin to a friend the other day and he says that gettin the turbo charger would after a while torch my piston rings, so he suggested me gettin a port and polish, new pistons and rings, along with rods. Basically work on ur interior engine BEFORE the turbo. And then GEt a turbo after that.... With proper tuning that baby could be doin some major horse power... Thats what my friend and i are gonna do... BBUUUUUUTTTTT first i need da money

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
If you go turbo, you'll need an upgraded clutch and larger injectors, too.

·
Registered
26 Posts
OOO i knew u needed the larger injectors, but i didn't know u needed an upgraded clutch...Makes sense tho...
But yep thats my masta plan!!!! I preferably don't want to get the sc cause i mean even tho its warrantized like it wont eva be able to give the hp i soo desire... So im willin to put the extra time and effort to give me my import happiness

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Reading the forums here has clued me in... I'm no expert but I pick up things

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.