Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I didn't know what section to put this in because I talk about suspension and the exhaust. Okay here are the parts I want to get for my car:

TRD exhaust
Rear sway bar
lowering springs
TRD shocks

My question is, what order would you get them in? I will only be able to get one part at a time because of my limited budget, and I am not sure where to start. Thanks. Oh, and I want all of them equally as bad, so that is not a determining factor.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
you should get the lowering springs first IMO. They improve handling and they make your car lower and more aggresive.

then probably the shocks and then the sway bar. That way you have all of the suspension done with. then later you can deal with the exhaust.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How well do the lowering springs work with the stock shocks? Is that going to cause any problems?

·
Ironhead
12,859 Posts
the only problem with doing them all seperate is labor costs, unless you are a do it yourselfer. at the very least you can save money by getting the springs, leaving them in the box, getting the shocks/struts, and having them installed at the same time. otherwise, someone is doing twice the work, and charging twice the labor. besides, they work well together.
then sway, then exhaust.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone for your input. I think I will start with the suspension then. About how much would it cost for the install? I would buy the parts off of trdsparks, and then probably have the dealer install them (except for the rear sway; that looks like a piece of cake to install).

·
Registered
87 Posts
You may want to check with the dealership first. They might not install the lowering springs, I know my dealership won't cuz I already asked. Then again you can explain to them that they are TRD's and they are from another toyota dealership. The guy I talked to practically hung up the phone before I could even explain they were TRD's from another toyota dealership. So much for customer service.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.