Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
i ordered my tC this past saturday.. options i got were the exhaust, spoiler, floor
mats, security, shift knob & pedals.. yeah i know i probably overpaid for the extras
but in all it still was less than $20,000

future plans will definitely involve the s/c, suspension all the other trd goodies..
now i just gotta be patient as it makes its way to me

·
Registered
181 Posts
dealer told me anywhere between 2 - 6 weeks..

of course i'm hoping & pleading for 2 weeks!!!!

·
Registered
131 Posts
I am getting a spoiler and floor mats other than that I will only put on what TRD puts out.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Originally posted by Eric@Jun 28 2004, 07:29 PM
oh man, a wait like that would drive me nuts!
hahaha.. yeah i'm at the point right now and it's only been 2 days.. i wish i could
go back in time and had ordered it months in advance.. oh well

·
Registered
131 Posts
During the lease agreement I usually just have the dealership throw in of installation costs so I don't have to deal with it later on. Plus, if anything went wrong I don't want to hear, "well we can't honor your warranty." BAD SUBJECT. But audio installations I do myself.

·
Registered
131 Posts
My dealership told me a month and a half but I don't really care because I can drive my Rolla all over the place without worrying about any mileage agreements. Mainly my Rolla is actually the dealerships Rolla now they just let me drive it until me TC comes in. I GETTING THE URGE FOR A ROAD TRIP! LOL

·
Registered
619 Posts
n3ro, it took mine 1 day shy of 2 weeks. Ordered on June 17th and took delivery of it June 30th. Good luck man you'll love. Picked mine up yesterday. Only option I got was floor and trunk mat. This car is AMAZING.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Originally posted by C!ph3r@Jul 1 2004, 04:07 PM
n3ro, it took mine 1 day shy of 2 weeks. Ordered on June 17th and took delivery of it June 30th. Good luck man you'll love. Picked mine up yesterday. Only option I got was floor and trunk mat. This car is AMAZING.
arrrrgggghhhh.. you're not helping me any in my anguish by giving nothing but
praise for the car!!!!!

hmmm.. hopefully i'll have mine by next friday then.. that'll be 1 day shy of 2
weeks.. that would be nice.. gettin it just in time for the weekend

·
Registered
45 Posts
hey guys this is my 1st post here, just found this place searchin on google, Tc is pretty much everything a 17 year old can ask for. I have 2003 Corolla S with 8900 miles right now fully loaded, but my father is head sales manager at a Toyota Dealership, and hes the one that first showed me the Tc. So i stand on pretty good terms to get one. My order is floormats, spoiler, exaust, security system, wheel locks, and front strut bar. I have 1 problem, my older sister totaled her first 2 cars which happened to be manuals, so now my dad is pretty hard set on gettin me damn autos... might be able to sway him.. but if not.. does anyone know if the tranny on the Tc is gonna cut the speed as much as all the damn toyota trannies kill the speed?

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
^^^^^^^ eric should be able to back me up on this, as i know he has driven both. the 5 speed is easily more fun to drive (thats what i have), but the automatic as far as acceleration is pretty freakin close. the shifts are smooth and quick, and with it being a gated shifter, i drive the automatics like a sequential shift and rather enjoy it. still, lighting up in 3rd or grabbing second for a hard corner a nice attribute of the manual... oh, and gas mileage for the auto is 1mpg more than an manual.

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I always say that if you can drive a manual, get a manual... unless you're constantly stuck in stop & go, then it can be a pain! Anyhow, it will take me little more than one drive to get the hang of a new manual transmission (anything different than my car) but I know that I was having to shift more frequently, which I'm hoping to mean that I was accelerating a lot faster than I can in my current car... But the shifting was very smooth and more than a few times I realized I was going quite a bit faster than I thought

Basically, if you're worried about shifting all the time, get the automatic, but if you want to feel more "one w/ the car" & want to be able to downshift through turns, etc. get the 5-speed

·
Registered
45 Posts
i have a quesiton about the autos, everyone i talk to says not to manually shift auto transmissions cause its bad for the car blah blah blah, and i always do that on my corolla, mostly downshifting, on the scion... will it really mess my auto transmission (if im forced into an auto) and also i know people that have had other autos when u drop it from neutral and spin out, they lose gears afer a while, that same problem occur with the scion? anyone know? haha im sorry i have soo many questions

·
Registered
793 Posts
Have a 5 spd Flint Mica on order with mats, bumper protector, cargo net, lip spoiler, auto-dimming mirror, and wheel locks. I'm not into modding cars, so I only plan on adding mud flaps (for protection..not looks) and possibly cup holder illumination if the bug bites.

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
I've got an Indigo Ink auto ordered and I'm getting it with the floormats, side airbags and the security system. I'm definitely interestd in the supercharger coming later this year.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I ordered mine on jul. 5th, it's only been three days, and i've been told the wait might be up to 1 month. It's killing me already! Anyways, it's a black cherry pearl 5spd, only extras i put on was floor and trunk mats, thats it! I'll post pics as soon as i get my new toy.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts