Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
WACHING, as I asked you earlier please do a search and read around. This board has been around for over a year now and what you are asking has been covered numerous times. Thank you.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Originally posted by Sparta@Jul 28 2005, 12:55 PM
wahching i think the side and curtain airbags for $650 are a must. 1 for safety and 2 for insurance discount purposes.
Don't believe the hype. Airbags suck. They have yet to prove a single life has been saved by using them at a cost of Billions of dollars, and they kill short people because they are designed to "save" larger persons. It's all a bunch of BS by the Naderites who never own cars but mandate changes affecting millions of people's wallets.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I just ordered and got the Spoiler, the bumper protecter that says scion on it, and the b-pillar logos that say TC. i agree about airbags. i think they are over rated. if you wear you seat belt youll be fine.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I've noticed that not a single car here in Ecuador has airbags. Not even the brand new ones.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just ordered my tC with the TRD exhaust, the door sill enhancements, the sport pedals, the iPod upgrade, the Bazooka sub, and I'm getting my windows tinted. I'm new here so I will have pics as soon as my ride comes in =]

·
Registered
56 Posts
how does the TRD exhaust option. i dont want something that sounds like an import with a rice rocket on the back. maybe somebody can pont me in the direction of a sound clip or explain it. And tell som eups and downs on having it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
http://zoltiz.com/cars/tc/video/

That is a video of the exhaust.
from this thread http://www.yoursciontc.com/forums/index.ph...wtopic=2316&hl=

a search for TRD exhaust brings up a list of lots of reviews (I made the same msitake)

My exhaust sounds great, not ricey at all. I think the video makes it sound a little louder han it really is, but that could be beacuse I'm usually on the inside of the car. Took me 30 minutes to install myself, and I didnt even need to jack up the car.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I've noticed that not a single car here in Ecuador has airbags.  Not even the brand new ones.
ur in ecuador?
Ya, I'm in the Air Force and I'm deployed down here. Got here at the end of May. Coming home very soon.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Originally posted by lo bux racer+Jul 28 2005, 01:59 PM-->QUOTE (lo bux racer @ Jul 28 2005, 01:59 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-Sparta
@Jul 28 2005, 12:55 PM
wahching i think the side and curtain airbags for $650 are a must. 1 for safety and 2 for insurance discount purposes.
Don't believe the hype. Airbags suck. They have yet to prove a single life has been saved by using them at a cost of Billions of dollars, and they kill short people because they are designed to "save" larger persons. It's all a bunch of BS by the Naderites who never own cars but mandate changes affecting millions of people's wallets. [/b]
All I know if that the govt uses advanced test dummies in their crash tests with sensors that record the amount of damage sustained to the dummies in their crash tests to determine the results. On the side impact crash test the Tc scored a 4 out of 5 without the side airbags and 5 out of 5 with the side air bags. As for what options to get I already answered that on the last thread that asked it (do a search), in short all of them are grossly overpriced except for maybe the sport pedals and shifters. Get the ones you you want bad enough you can justify overspending on.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.