Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and my brother raced a Jetta a month ago, and between shifts you heard a loud air noise. I was wanting to know what this noise was, because I like it. I also want to added it to my TC when I get it.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I didn't know air made a noise. j/k but seriously, maybe if you describe this noise you heard in a little more detail... If this jetta you raced was boostin (turbo'd) then its likely that the sound ( a high pitched wooshing sound) was a blow off valve releasing built up pressure from the turbo. But without knowing exactly what ur talking about its tough to say

·
Registered
3 Posts
just watch the fast and furious movies im sure that sound you heard can be heard withing the first ten seconds and then in equal 30 second increments for the next hour. yeah that noise you heard was a blow off valve. how did you do against it?

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
If you could tell me the license plate number, location, and make/model I could find out if it had any APR products on it and give you the EXACT horsepower it was making to the wheels at that point in time

·
Registered
539 Posts
Its TURBO....theres no other sound in Jettas between shifts then the BOV n TuRboS....VrOOOoOmmm PsSsHhHH...but doesnt tC's come with a sssssssssHHH sound when you step on the gas a lito??...

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
Originally posted by bLAziN_ChEnGy@Sep 30 2005, 01:28 PM
Its TURBO....theres no other sound in Jettas between shifts then the BOV n TuRboS....VrOOOoOmmm PsSsHhHH...but doesnt tC's come with a sssssssssHHH sound when you step on the gas a lito??...
Actually, a rush of noise can also be heard when driving the VR-6's. I don't know the exact reason for this, but you do hear it. It's especially noticable on the 2006 models.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Would it be the air intake?

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Yea I know what your talkin about. I have an 06 and the noise is very prominent. It sounds sick as hell.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.