Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I traded in a 01 Ford Focus ZX3, fun to drive, very unreliabe. It spent more time in the shop than on the road. I also made the mistake of on getting 3yrs, 36k mile warrenty. I put 39k in the first year, Bummer.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I traded in a '94 Honda Accord Sedan with about 228,000 miles on it... It came down to a decision of either fixing a slipping clutch or a new car..Scion tC looked very good at the time and the whole new car thing sounds even better. Didn't get much for the trade in but it helped a little bit..I Love my flint tC though a well built car thats for sure..

·
Registered
14 Posts
I sold a '97 Nissan 200SX SE-R on the private market. Toyota was offering $1000 on the trade-in which they knew in their hearts was a total ripoff, which convinces me that everyone's out to "get theirs". I figure since the tC is such a screaming deal, they had better make money SOMEHOW (I wasn't getting any mods), so what better way that lowballing on the trade-in value.

I mentioned previously, I sorely miss my SE-R, it was truly an amazing car in so many ways. From the engine, to the handling, to the size, to the comfortable seats, it's spirit.. it's really an enthusiast's car that inspired alot more confidence that it probably should have. I sold it to this dude out on Long Island that's going to rip out the engine, drop in a new one with a turbo, a NOS kit, new intake, the works, then take it to the track. He says we'll go for a ride when it's done. Can't wait to see my baby reach a potential she never did with me!

I sold it because repairs were starting to mount, and were going to be more than it was worth for a trade-in. So the tC made the most sense to capture the essence of my old car. I miss my SE-R, but if my tC wasn't so awesome, I'd really be upset.
The tC, in my mind, is like my old car, except that it's finally grown up.

Ed

·
Registered
118 Posts
I sold my 99 Cavalier to my brother after it was totalled due to hail.. so far, he's replaced the drums and rotors, but still needs tires and suspension.. It was a good car, but I am much happier with the tC!

-K

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
I sold my 1999 Corolla on Autotrader.com for $4,700. Best idea ever. Three different Toyota dealerships had quoted me $2,500-$3,000 for it, and I sold it within a day and a half of putting the listinf on Autotrader.com's site.

FYI, Toyota makes no money off trade-ins -- the individual dealers do.

·
Registered
422 Posts
'93 Acura Vigor GS, 5 spd. sold to a private party.
Probably the best car I've ever owned even though it was used.
I bought it in '97 at 91k miles.It had 137k miles when I sold it. I'm no garage mechanic, so with the mileage and age of the car getting on up there, I decided on a new car. It was a hard decision. I believe I made the right choice. I love my tC!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Kinda embarassing
got the hell out of my wifes 99 Hyundai Accent before the tranny went AGAIN!!! What an upgrade lol

·
Registered
80 Posts
i was going to trade in my 95'Nissan Sentra, w/ 160,000 miles. the dealer told me "your car is worth nothing to the Toyota coperation." they gave me a choice of leting them take it off my hands or take it home. chose home. i figured i could get somthing for it on the privet market.

·
Registered
8 Posts
2003 Nissan 350Z Performance Edition

Car is a blast to drive, but I live in indiana and I drastically overestimated my ability to drive that thing in the snow. I've driven rear whell drive before and thought it wouldn't be much of an issue. Let's just say, this winter was a real awakening. When leaving my edition I had to put it in 4th gear and slip the hell out of the clutch to not spin the tires. I guess I'll have to save this kind of car for my mid-life crisis. Besides, when it's all said and done I'll be saving about $200 a month with the tC versus the 350z, hard to argue with that.

PS - My BSP tC isn't here yet.........damnit

·
Registered
45 Posts
2000 ford focus

I had so many problems with the brakes (mostly because I was an un-educated girl when I walked into the brake place...didn't make that mistake again). $1500 later I learned my lesson. so now I have a hella reliable car with toyota backing the tC. anyway, the brakes of my focus are a bit of a soap box, so I'll stop here. Glad to have my tC!!!

·
Registered
335 Posts
After talking to several people it seems that the tc is a popular replacement for many previous focus owners.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I traded a 2000 Celica GTS with 42k miles. I decided to trade it after the engine grenaded twice in a 30 day period. I figured I used up all my life lines on that car.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had a 98 Chevy Prizm w 103,000 miles on it. Dealership offered me only $800 for it, because of the damage it accumulated over the years. (I never got it fixed after any accidents, just collected insurance money)
Its sittin in my driveway, takin up space.. I think I'll enter it into a demolition derby or somethin....

Love my AP tC, though....

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
used to drive my parents' '99 olds cutlass, dealer offered 1900 for a trade in, thought that was a rip off and I could sell it on the private market.....dude awakening....after posting it on cars.com for a few weeks, changing the price from 6000 to 5500 to 5000 to 4500, didn't get a single phone call or email.......domestics suck in terms of resale, especially olds b/c they' don't make em anymore. So we gave the car to my sister as a house warming present. Yesterday I found out the car has some leak around the engine are, that would cost 1800 to fix...don't know the details, thats what sis says. Feel kinda bad, but not when I look at my tC. :c)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts