Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i see there's a lot of topics on tinting (and here's another one!
) but most people just post the % of their tint if that. i was wondering what brand and specific film everyone got for their tint.

as for me, the place i'm going to offers both ceramic and sputtered metal (i think that's what it is) films. I was thinkin of going for the ceramic film because it doesn't interfere with radio signals, GPS, etc.

anybody have experience with ceramic or the sputtered metal? and if u had the metal, was your wireless signal effected?

if anybody's a tint guru and would like to explain the pros and cons of each, that'd be great too...

thanks in advance.. if i'm a dumbass for starting this new topic.. jus kick me.. but dont hurt my tC

·
Registered
48 Posts
Llumar window tint - 15% all around (well except for the very front window of course.)

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
llumar is a sputtered metalic film right? ... does it effect your wireless signal at all? as far as heat and UV, from what i have read they seem to be pretty similar as to how much they reflect and block so my main concern is how it effects wireless signal... even though the front winshield won't be tinted... the ceramic film i read about boasted that it does not interfere with radio signals so im assuming its been a problem for people with metallic films???

any info is appreciated

·
Registered
48 Posts
Originally posted by moogoo@Oct 7 2004, 01:24 AM
llumar is a sputtered metalic film right? ... does it effect your wireless signal at all? as far as heat and UV, from what i have read they seem to be pretty similar as to how much they reflect and block so my main concern is how it effects wireless signal... even though the front winshield won't be tinted... the ceramic film i read about boasted that it does not interfere with radio signals so im assuming its been a problem for people with metallic films???

any info is appreciated
I really can't tell you what type of film it is. I got it because it got great reviews from everyone, and it has a lifetime warranty from Llumar against fading, cracking, bubbling, or peeling, and I can take the car to any one I want and the warranty will be honored.

I didn't even think about the wireless signal being lost, maybe that is what was wrong with my phone tonight. Only noticed it tonight though, not yesterday. I'll look into that alittle more. Tonight I kept losing signal and when I tried to call back, I would get a network busy signal. But might just be my carrier was having probs.

On heat and everything else, it helped ALOT. My car sits in the sun most of the day and it used to be SOOOO hot in there, now its still hot but you can actually touch the steering wheel and metal parts without any problems. So much better now. At night when someone shines their lights beside me or behind me, it doesn't bother me like it used to.

Overall I highly recommend Llumar, just not too sure about the wireless signal yet. I'm sure it doesn't but could be wrong, I'll check.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i see... well i've heard a lot of people have gotten llumar. i'll have to find out if there are any reliable places around my new apartment that does tinting and uses quality film. the place i was lookin at is a 45 min drive from my new apartment but im highly considering them cause of their experience, they custom cut their films by hand and they are up front and professional about the films they offer.(SunTek (sputtered metalic) and Huper Optik (ceramic)). right now i'm just tryin to figure out what film is best and then when i shop around i can figure out where i can get the most bang for my buck.

as far as heat and all that.. i assume they're all very similar..

the wireless signal thing, since in basically every state u can't have ur front winshield tinted (except for the strip), i don't think its a huge issue but im jus askin
and the network busy thing is definitely a carrier issue.

anyways, ur feedback is appreciated! wish more people would reply with their tint experience

1 - 5 of 5 Posts