Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to figure out what kind of connections are on the back of the factory (single-disc) Pioneer head unit. I'm pretty sure there is a Satellite Radio input as well as an AUX (cd changer/auxiliary) input. I am primarily interested in the AUX input, as I am trying to hook up a separate satellite radio receiver. I know I need an adaptor, but I'm not sure what kind, and I'd like to get the right kind in hand by Sunday so I can get it installed. Hifi Buys ordered one for me, but I'm pretty sure that the kind they ordered for me was the standard Pioneer IP-BUS adaptor, which may not work -- I've read that our head units may have a different kind of proprietary auxiliary connection.

There's a lot of conflicting information about this on various sites, so please don't just refer me to something on ScionLife. I'm really looking for someone with first-hand knowledge on the subject. Thanks!

·
Registered
675 Posts
yeah i've posted this on a couple sites before.. but hey i'll let you know what I found out..

a company called pie is a maker of aftermarket car audio parts.. and one of them is an aux input.. it hooks up to the radio's data port and it gives a pair of rca input jacks.. let me go find the actual link.. here it is http://www.pie.net/aux_toyota.htm

you can contact them, when i emailed them they said the 2005 tC radio would work fine and that you press CD twice and it will go to the aux input..

i plan on getting one of these for myself when i get sirius satellite radio..

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks -- just got off the phone with PIE, and the correct model number is TOY03-AUX. There was some confusion because PIE's Application Guide only lists the "'04 Scion" (which, of course, does not exist).

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
675 Posts
cool!! glad to help out..

hey if you do get it, let us know how it goes..

edit: i think they're talking about the 04 xA and xB scions.. but yeah radios change from year to year.. yeah that's the model number they told me too

1 - 5 of 5 Posts