Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has been talked about already but I just felt like going against the grain!

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
Oh wow. Where have YOU been driving to?? How long have you had your car?

I've had mine for exactly 6 months (yesterday, the 21st) and I have like 7600 miles on it.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Just hit 6000!

·
Registered
489 Posts
2100 in 1 month

·
Registered
868 Posts
3000 in 6 months. (friends/work are close by). And yes, I do save money on my car insurrance b/c I told them I drive less than 6k miles/year. I save quite a bit actually. Plus low mileage = higher trade value I do believe.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
One year, 12,332 miles, and still lovin' it.

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
I think most people are logging like 1000 miles per month?

If I didn't drive anywhere BUT where I'm supposed to be going, I'd be logging 20 miles per day, 5 times a week, give or take 30-40 miles on weekends.

That's roughly 520-560 miles per month, but eh, almost 8k in 6 months?? That's like double the amount I'm supposed to have...

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I don't have a picture, but I'm flirting with 2500 and I've had my car exactly one month, yesterday. The dealer put 206 on it driving it from another dealership (those bastards! I thought they were bringing it on a lift-back or a truck or some sort... anyways...). It was hot off the car hauler, though, so there weren't any test drive miles on it.

Anyways.... that's a bit more than I normally drive. I've made quite a few out of the way trips over the holidays and what not. I do drive about 90 miles round trip to work 4 days a week, though. So that's a good ~1500/month. In some ways it bothers me, as I'd like to keep the mileage low for better resale if that day ever comes. But, I have to remind myself that it's only a $17k car, and it's a Toyota, so I suppose in the end, it won't make a huge difference... it was built to be driven!

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
If he was, god bless him. I was afraid that the car was ruined when I got it because Lance preaches about his engine break-in method, which differs quite extremely from the recommended, take-it-easy method in the owner's manual.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.