Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to know what is the #1 upgrade that Scion offers. Although I know it would be cheaper to get some aftermarket products and put them on yourself. But for guys like me that will not be able to cough up their own money to get these things and depend on the loan for the car in order to get accessiories. I want to know what would be the best thing for me to get if I would add it to the car. I am probably not going to be able to add on any power after I buy it as I will have a family to worry about putting my money to. So what I get from the dealer is going to be what I have for a while. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
you should search, but everyone will tell you to get the parts and put them on yourself. its much cheaper that way. however, i got the lip kit, rims, shift knob, and the b-pillars. thats it.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank You gents for the help. I will probably be only getting add-ons through teh dealer. As I said before unless I could get another loan to buy better goodies I will be stuck with the factory add-ons as only upgrades while I have the car.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Originally posted by Ryan'sTc@Sep 25 2005, 09:34 AM
The most important upgrade is upgraded tires. By far the biggest improvement in handling is defiantly from wider sticker tires.
I second the tire upgrade. Def. the most important upgrade. Better than spending thousands on pipes and intakes, but still using the stock

Usually when my old tires are getting bald I replace them with Yokohama AVI4. Pretty good price for pretty good tires. Never spend on the Michelins; heard they are fabulous.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
There are lots of good choices at reasonable prices. They're all a trade-off anyway, the best way to look at it is $/mile. Some are inexpensive, but will wear quickly, others are pricey AND short-lived, then some are really good and get decent mileage. It really depends on what your pocketbook allows, but the one thing we all know, the RE92's suck for performance driving.

[side note] The wife was bugging me about tires just last week because our rainy season is coming, and even she doesn't like the OEM tires in the rain.[/side note]

·
Registered
184 Posts
tires and supsension. anything else to this car would be pretty expensive (i.e. supercharger)

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
http://www.edgeracing.com - usually beats tirerack.com prices, sometimes by a big margin.

And yes, tires is the number one thing to upgrade if you have stock 17" wheels and Potenzas/Yokohamas.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Originally posted by uberingram@Nov 8 2005, 09:14 AM
Boost.
I can only laugh at the idiocy of putting the supercharger on a car with the OEM tires.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.