Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
to get alot of horsepower rarley comes cheaply and easily. If you'd read thru the threads on this site about perofrmace parts you'd learn more.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
It's not possible. Gotta spend money, there is no cheap horsepower with an import engine.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Originally posted by lo bux racer@Mar 26 2005, 10:41 PM
It's not possible. Gotta spend money, there is no cheap horsepower with an import engine.
...Although you may find many LED's, "chips", and stickers on eBay that add instant hp

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
I have a special MkIV Supra chicken foot. If you hang it from the mirror it adds 25 hp. Guaranteed or your money back.

OK, so it's a free chicken foot...

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I've gotten a 30-hp gain since I installed those door sill protectors. (Zoom zoom)

(I'm no help at all)
Anyway, in answer to your question, MelvynRay, although it doesn't add much hp, I would go with an intake, or maybe a cat-back exhaust, but I haven't really heard too much about Cat-backs for the tC. I know it's been discussed in a recent thread though.

·
Registered
272 Posts
though im not a huge fan of nitrous,

the cheapest horsepower you can get is n2o and that WILL void your warranty and possibly flunk up your motor as well. 50-100 horsepower for the cost of a TRD axleback? thats bang for the buck

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
All too true. I just hate having to refill the bottle.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
The worst thing about it, is it has a crack-like effect on the driver. Once you feel the power, you can't get enough until you hit it with a shot so big you blow pieces all over the engine bay. Scary but fun!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey, has anybody tried or know someone who has tried this turbonator mod that they advertise on this site? They claim it adds up to 35 more Hp and gives your ride up to 20-25% better gas mileage. They're selling it for about $70. Now, I'm a pretty big skeptic and my knowledge about mods is pretty limited to say the least, but they do offer a 30 day money back guarantee. Any ideas, thoughts, or experiences you or anyone you know that has had with this would be appreciated. You can check it out at www.Turbonator.com.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Originally posted by f1jay@Apr 2 2005, 11:23 PM
fact of the matter is if you want "cheap" hp, that's very easy to get, get a domestic v-8.
That's what's known as a "false savings."

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.