Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Spray more fuel per minute. That's what they are intended to do. Whether they actually do that is another question, but that's the objective.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes but would that mean more power with the s/c? I'm asking because on another forum some one claimed to have done this but wouldn't elaborate on it. And refused to put up any dyno's. He was also singing the praises of the unichip. I figure you would need some sort of piggy back with more fuel. Would it really make a big difference over the injectors that come with the s/c?

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Not without tuning. That's probably why he's so keen on Unichip. AFAIK, they haven't completed a tC project yet, but it's possible, I haven't asked in awhile about it.

I'm not a big fan of piggybacks. Until someone gets Toyco to give access to their code, it's all smoke and mirrors. Some work better than others, but none work really well.

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
Originally posted by lo bux racer@Nov 30 2005, 03:08 AM
Until someone gets Toyco to give access to their code, it's all smoke and mirrors.
Unless you want to completely reverse engineer the whole mess.... then you are just a complete masochist. Like myself.

One good thing about the SC coming out is that you now have access to two different maps which you can do a comparison on... this helps in doing one of two things.

1) Decrypting them (because we wouldn't be so lucky to have them in the format that goes across the pipe).
2) Once decrypted, being able to do two bitwise comparisons and start reverse engineering the file format. Hex editors and a good diff program are your best friends here.

Since you also have the reflash tool you MAY be able to be so lucky as to intercept the messages going across the bus and get the decrypted code there. As far as completely pulling the code off of the ECU... unless someone wants to donate a completely destroyed ECU or would like to volunteer theirs to the cause this won't be happening so soon, because I simply don't have the cash to buy a new ECU and have it destroyed.

But I digress

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
That's what AEM told the Supra board a few years ago. Yes, their code works now, but it loses the safety features of the OEM code. Knock sensing is primitive by comparison, and there are nowhere near the number of fail-safes with the aftermarket ECM that the OEM ECM has. Weather changes can dramatically affect tune as well, so don't expect it to be as turn-key as the OEM box.

It took a lot of time and a lot of help from users to get the AEM working in something even remotely resembling plug n' play with the Supra. How long can you afford to tinker with your car before you need it to take you somewhere?

·
Registered
202 Posts
I've had flawless use with a DTEC. No issues at idle, PTB or WOT. No hiccups, sputters or random dying. But since it doesn't "work really well" I guess I could just wire some Cheezits to my PCM and call it a day.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Originally posted by SK VR4@Dec 1 2005, 05:44 AM
Bigger injectors will result in lower timing advance due to less duty cycle. You don't want less timing, I promise.
I've read this a few times now and still don't understand what you mean. Please explain.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey Lo Bux, hows that kids setup coming along with the haltech...you guys get that wired in yet??

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I think you got the wrong Lance..

There's a guy named Lance in Florida helping out a guy with a GT35R but LBR lives in Sacramento.

Although.. both are EXTREMELY knowledgeable.

·
Registered
20 Posts
ahh...got confused there for a minute

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
True. I'm not Lance at Toyomoto in Miami. I live in Sacramento.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.