Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
intake = no more than a K&N filter.

headers and s-pipe? dont know. youd be the first person i know running both. dyno it after the install and let us know, yeah?

·
Registered
51 Posts
dc sports header is a good call. i noticed a huge ass difference once i got mine on. if i had the money to dyno my car, i would, but payday is tuesday..

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Just get a cat back exaust. It'll sound nice. No need for a dyno

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
for the love of god dont get a coffee can.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
a 100 dollar exaust is usualy bad quality and will give you horrible sound. Dont get a fart can exaust, one that makes the car sound like a lawnmower, or a angry bee.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have the exact setup you are talking about (except for the alphawerks header) and I am very happy with the pickup. GSC/KillertC.com did a dyno test of all the available intakes and founds the Injen to give 5hp more than all of the others in CAI mode. they also did the test with an AW header. I recently installed the CC s-pipe and found that the engine idles a little smoother and has better pull on the top end. The only downside of the upgrades is that the stock exhaust has gotten a little raspy. I will probably get the CC full exhaust with high flow cat, resonator and magnaflow muffler to clean up the sound and free a few more HP.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Originally posted by The_Instigator@Nov 15 2005, 01:17 PM
I have the exact setup you are talking about (except for the alphawerks header) and I am very happy with the pickup. GSC/KillertC.com did a dyno test of all the available intakes and founds the Injen to give 5hp more than all of the others in CAI mode. they also did the test with an AW header. I recently installed the CC s-pipe and found that the engine idles a little smoother and has better pull on the top end. The only downside of the upgrades is that the stock exhaust has gotten a little raspy. I will probably get the CC full exhaust with high flow cat, resonator and magnaflow muffler to clean up the sound and free a few more HP.
Yup! here's the post:
Click here

I made 3 videos a while back of: Injen Cold air intake, Megan Header, ZPI s-pipe, Weapon R engine dampner and ground wire kit, I'm running the stock exhaust:

I installed the TWM stage 2 short shifter a while later and its a nice compliment to all the engine mods. I'll prob. make a new vid with it soon.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Originally posted by Zygote55+Nov 16 2005, 12:13 PM-->QUOTE (Zygote55 @ Nov 16 2005, 12:13 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-MustangJolly
@Nov 15 2005, 06:08 PM
that crx is sooo cooool
Especially the mud guard on one side only....totally pimp. [/b]
I like that spoiler!! Probably custom made!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I guess I should post my video too:

tC Videos

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.