Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Stock. Unless you like intake noise, then the rest of them are fine, just buy the cheapest one.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Originally posted by lo bux racer@Oct 3 2005, 08:37 PM
Stock. Unless you like intake noise, then the rest of them are fine, just buy the cheapest one.
"Stock. Unless you like intake noise, then the rest of them are fine, just buy the cheapest one."

haha...

What about the TRD filter? I asked you about this a few days ago, but I don't think my question was very clear. Can I expect a 3-5hp increase with the TRD filter?

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Maybe, probably. It'd be fun to go to test n' tune night at Sac Raceway and test some of this stuff wouldn't it? No BS, consumer reports style (we buy it, we install it, we test it, we sell it).

·
Registered
51 Posts
weapon r is poopy though. they are a nobody brand, with plastic tubing. i would play it safe and go with someone you have heard of, like Injen or K&N. even out of those 2, i would go with injen, only because the name is known so you know they wont jack you over if you have to replace something faulty. not to mention seeing how their name is known, you can expect good quality performance parts. so far my injen intake has had no problems, and i like the sound of it alot.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
realistically, you can expect the same "performance gains" from a high flow filter. the only thing an intake is going to do is make more noise. why bother?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.