Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I asked my local dealer to provide me a pricing on installing mods. This is for labor only.

rear pedestal spoiler//$85.00

TRD short shifter// $127.50

TRD springs/shocks and alignment//$375.00

TRD rear sway bar//$85.00 all plus tax

What do you all think? My first reaction was "not bad" on the spring/shock/alignment work. But the spoiler and rear sway seems a bit high for what should be a half hour job each. Thanks in advance for your comments.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
None that I know. They can be done separately, although if you want to combine labor, it does make it easier.

·
Registered
742 Posts
The rear sway is a 15 minute extra job, at the most, when doing it the same time as the rear springs.

$375 seems a bit steep to me for springs, shocks and alignment when they are using a hoist, it is far easier. For the cost of those parts and labor you are getting into coilover territory, which is what I would go for and figure out how to put all this in yourself:)

Rear spoiler price is very resonable, no issues there.

Short shifter should take them 30 minutes at the most if they have ever done one.

BUT, I am a die hard DIY guy that has modded all my cars and trucks myself for over 30 years so any labor cost sounds like far to much to me, I prefer to buy more parts or more tools:)

Rick

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
Yeah, I meant if you were paying someone to do the work install both the springs and the sway at the same time because the same part of the car is being worked on.

·
Registered
272 Posts
none of its very difficult.. buy some spring compressors to put the springs onto the struts (or go to monro or midas and ask one of the mechanics to do it off the books) and those go easliy...as does the swaybar. that cuts the cost of install to a 60 dollar alignment. the shifter is easy, and if you have a power drill and have the confidence to do it, it REALLY is not that bad...its all laid out for you in the instructions

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the replies and comments. Looks like I have some room for negotiation on that rear sway. All the mods on my Matrix were done DIY with the help of friends. Including supercharger, springs, etc,etc. So I know whats involved... I guess I really don't have the time or patience to do it all again. And if the dealer installs everything, they will have absolutley no issues when a warranty problem comes up, since they did all the work themselves. I just want it all done correctly with no hassle. (Some of you know I had a lot of "hassle" with my Matrix.) So that said, now I just have to deal with the $$ issue.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My install date is this Wed. The sway bar install will be "taken care of". It turns out the Scion service manager works from time to time in the shop next door to mine. He is a nice guy and helped me fix the power window on my Jeep. So I have a good contact and established a positive relationship at the service department.
Definetly a plus. Now I can't wait!!!

Im also getting the windows tinted on tues. Im holding off on the ground effects kit.. I still can't decide on that.

Ill post pixies when its all done and cleaned up.

Edit: loaner car too!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.