Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Far I have 35% tints, TRD Exhuast, Hotchkis Sway Bars front and rear, B&M short throw shifter, 10" Sub, Silver Carbon Fiber Dash kit (Which im getting rid of soon, replacing it with Brushed Aluminum), and some other stuff that will soon be one the car, like a billet Grille and TRD springs (which i have but havn't installed them yet...im thinkin about waiting until next spring b/c the winter here in New York can be harsh sometimes...), but anyways, just give me some opinions on what you guys think so far Thanks. Click Here for the Pics!!!

· Registered
5,132 Posts
I like it--I like it, a lot.

I got that same shift knob; I was looking at the MOMO Combat Mesh and realized it's the same damn thing but more expensive (well, the bottom portion is slightly different, but the grip is the same, except for the little logo--not worth the price difference) so I got the OBX. I like the overlays out back and for some reason the eyelids look better on your car than on the photos as Blue Batmobile's site.

Where'd you get that interesting cf dash overlay?

-Ed

· Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank guys, check out streetstealth.com or just type in dash kit for scion tc on ebay. and look for the seller named street stealth. The silver carbon fiber is nice at first but with sun exposure it tends to yellow alittle, later on i found out that the reason behind that is becuase the clear coat they put on the kits reacts to UV rays, but if you spray the kit with clear enamel before you put it on it should be fine. I didn't know that when i installed it so i called those guys back and told them what happened, i sent them pics and everything, so they were going to send me another kit exactly like the one i have but i didn't want that same problem which is why i went with the brushed aluminum which has no clear coat. Its been brutally hot here in NY so i'm waiting for a cool day so i can put these overlays on. I will post pics when its done

· Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
By the way Eddnog, i saw your car too.... that *&!# is TIGHT bro, did you do everything your self?

· Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Actually now that im remembering, i noticed you have that carbon fiber intake.... is it worth it, and is their a noticable difference in power?

· Registered
5,132 Posts
Originally posted by superchargedscion@Aug 15 2005, 12:29 PM
By the way Eddnog, i saw your car too.... that *&!# is TIGHT bro, did you do everything your self?...

Actually now that im remembering, i noticed you have that carbon fiber intake.... is it worth it, and is their a noticable difference in power?
No way! The brake kit is a ton of work; since I was having those put in by the dealer, I had them throw in the springs at the same time.

The intake is very easy and anyone should be capable of doing it themself--it even comes with the necessary allen key to get the job done. You can find my little take on it right here.

-Ed

· Registered
63 Posts
what kind of spoiler is that? it looks very clean from the back. not too much of a fan of the dash but nice work. nice exhaust too. now all you need to do is lower it and get some rims =) sexy.

· Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by DTRUONG_112@Aug 15 2005, 07:19 PM
nice man..do you think the hotchkis front and rear sway are worth it or the TRD rear sway good enough. I cant decide to get the front and rear from hotchkis or just the TRD rear sway?
Most Definitely, From what i'v read around, the front doesn't do that much its the rear that counts, but i slapped both of them on at the same time so i dont really know the difference between the two, But overall i'm happy with the sway's, i don't even have the springs put on yet and as soon as i had them on i felt very minimal body roll, i don't even have the bars on the racing setting either. When i drop it next spring i think the sways will be much more noticable perfomance-wise.

· Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Originally posted by krazEkitty@Aug 15 2005, 10:18 PM
what kind of spoiler is that? it looks very clean from the back. not too much of a fan of the dash but nice work. nice exhaust too. .
The Spoiler is From SpoilerDepot.com, i wasn't much of a fan of the pedistal spoiler + i just wanted to be different, QUOTE
now all you need to do is lower it and get some rims =)  sexy.[/b]
I have the springs, but i dont want to lower it just now b/c winter is coming up so i'll just wait + i dont have Shocks yet so i'll buy those over the winter and spring time i will have a lowered tC. As for the Rims... I might just powdercoat them black, I want to get black rims with a chrome lip but im always afraid of someone trying to steal my wheels. (My old Car got broken into once, not a good experience), Hey do you guys wanna see some straight Rice, my old car was very ricey, i'll update the pics from the link on my first post, click it again or just click here Ricey Pics

· Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The side view is in their too

· Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
EddNog, What Part of New York Are you from?

· Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Originally posted by krazEkitty@Aug 16 2005, 01:09 PM
me too about the rims. i don't know if i'm able to do it myself though.. i don't like the pedistal spoiler either.

your tc now looks a lot nicer than the ricer. =)
Haha, Thanks, it was my first car so i went alittle crazy with it...lol

· Registered
5,132 Posts
Originally posted by superchargedscion@Aug 16 2005, 01:20 PM
EddNog, What Part of New York Are you from?
Live in Scarsdale, work in Manhattan. Frequently spend time in the Bronx as well as Queens.

How 'bout you?

-Ed

EDIT: Re--your old car...that spoiler is EXTREME!!! (ever watch Harold & Kumar Go To White Castle?)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.