Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
tC's are claim 160 hp and 163 torque what do they put down? does anyone have a dyno sheet they can post up?

·
Registered
508 Posts
well from what searching ive done the majority of different companies that are makeing parts for the tc's have been getting pretty much the same dyno numbers for both hp and tq which is around 140hp and 150tq. and that is comeing out of the 5 speed.

·
Registered
539 Posts
well I guess no one really knows what tC's dyno at unless theyve had it done for themselves or know someone else who has...Other then that the one in car and driver was dynoed at 141hp and 152 tq or something but that was with the Aem CAI and TRD axleback...so Im guessing the tC dynos at around 130-135 hp and 140tq at the wheels

·
Registered
508 Posts
if car and driver dynoed at 141 hp and 151 tq then that is at the wheels. the only way that wouldnt be at the wheels is if they actually took the motor out of the car and did an engine dyno. but i dont think they would go through that kind of trouble.......... from what ive seen and read about the aem intake it sucks compaired to the injen and k&n intake systems. also the injen has proven to be the best so far. they have a dyno chart on there website showing an increase of around 7 hp and 6 tq to the wheels with just the intake. and from personal experiance it does make a noticeable difference on the car.

·
Registered
11,881 Posts

Run 1: 70.68F, 29.74 in-Hg, 49% Humidity
Run 2: 72.62F, 29.74 in-Hg, 47% Humidity

Run 1: 134.94HP, 145.95 Torque, 108.28MPH
Run 2: 137.12HP, 147.79 Torque, 108.07MPH

That's a dyno I had done in Montgomery quite some time ago. 100% unmodified.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Wait a minute OBike. What did you do on run 2? You clearly gained 2.18 hp! Was it colder air on the intake? Did you take off the cats? Run without the air filter? Put on a CAI?

OH, I know! It's normal! Dynos do that all the time...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.