Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally drove the tC at my local dealer, before going to a cookout,but was surprised when the dealer wanted me to pay a $3000 premuim if I wanted to buy the car
. Before he told me that I was ready to pull out the checkbook but after those words I searched the net for another Scion dealer.

Otherwise... did of any you guys who bought a tC pay a premuin.

·
Registered
7 Posts
YIKES. I ordered my tC 7/1 and put down a $500 deposit. I've bought two other Toyota's from the same rep. I thought it was interesting when he mentioned to me about another dealer in the area "auctioning" off Prius to the highest bidder.

Sounds like it might be time to check another dealer.

·
Registered
792 Posts
doesnt suprise me at all. every car at my toyota dealers lot has a min of $1500 dealer markup!
i never pay it but sometime you just have to walk and come back another day when you will get a salesman who takes you seriously and wants to sell a car rather than fill his pockets (or more likely the dealerships pockets).

Nathan
ycart1201

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
when i bought my tC yesterday the sales guy was real upfront with me about what they add on to the price youy get from the website. he told me toyota is making them be very upfront in the sales of the Scions. the markup was a little less than 300 for me.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I heard the Scion salespeople hardly get any commission when they sell the tCs, or any other Scion for that matter.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Originally posted by Andfx8@Jul 6 2004, 01:20 PM
I heard the Scion salespeople hardly get any commission when they sell the tCs, or any other Scion for that matter.
sux for them.

Nathan
ycart1201

ps; ive always wondered how much sales people make off each car...

·
Registered
999 Posts
Well Consumer Report has some information on Dealer's Invoice.

Base|Invoice

Safety

Curtain side airbags,
$650 | $559
Includes front side airbags.

Comfort and Convenience Features

Pioneer AM/FM radio w/in-dash 6-disc CD/MP3 changer,
$395 | $305

Bazooka subwoofer,
$449 | $325

Satellite radio,
$695 | $600

Automatic day/night rearview mirror,
$310 | $225

inevitablegod would know more about this.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
i just bought a bare-bones (if you could call it that with all the features it comes with) TC, and I paid 18,500 for it. It was about 2 grand higher than the listed base price, and I was a bit disappointed. I live in NY, so the sales tax made up most of the mark up. God, i hope it was sales tax......I still think thats a reasonable amount to pay for the TC, and feel only slightly ripped off when it came to price b/c the dealer didn't really explain anything about the price and the markup. Is it just me or did I really get ripped off?

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Thanks, Eric! Glad i joined, there's plenty enthusiastic people here, and the car has barely been released. Can't wait till the aftermarket world catches up, it's gonna be huge.

·
Registered
1 Posts
What....

The Scion dealers are not allowed to add any more money to the price of the car, that's what the Pure Price is for. If you guys bought or are buying cars where they marked them up, you can call Scion's 1-800 # and report it.. they can not do that with Scion. For more info also, you might want to post what you paid on www.scionlife.com in the forums, the guys there have all the phone numbers and will tell you the same thing.. for the guys that bought the car and paid too much, you could probably get that money refunded

·
Registered
335 Posts
With all my goodies mine was 20,061. I dont know what it is after tax and all the other stupid stuff they add on there is.

·
Registered
793 Posts
WOW.....I think mine will be about $20K too, but my payments are around $320. I didn't think my credit is all that screwed up either..don't need a cosigner or anything.

Grats on your car, by the way!!!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts