Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone tell me what dash kit will let me keep my tc door panel and install a pioneer 5400 dvd system. The screen keeps hitting the door panel and can't open up. So if anyone knows a dash kit that will let me place the head unit under the pocket of the kit it would realy help.

·
Registered
453 Posts
not sure about ur deck in particular, but u might need to drill ur own holes in the factory bracket in order to set the head unti back more (allowing the door to close)

·
Registered
730 Posts
You can also try flipping the Metra kit upside down and using pop rivets on the sides of the kit to secure it to the dash instead of using the brackets it came with. I did this w/ mine when I had my IVA-D300 and it worked fine. Also, use a back strap to secure the back of the radio to the pocket. This will make it much more secure and won't wobble as you drive down the road.

·
Registered
730 Posts
A backstrap is a flat metal bracket with holes in it used to support the back side of a head unit, similar to plumbers tape but thicker. It can be bent to accommodate various shapes and angles and yet is still rigid enough to support the radio. Many manufacturers include this strap with their head units. If not, you can purchase one from your local car audio retailer. They will know exactly what you're talking about.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.