Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, was pretty impressed tonight....the TC went dead versus a Celica GT-S with intake/exhaust. Thought u guys might like to know what the TC can stack up against....and so far thats my only run.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by Plissken@Jul 25 2004, 07:26 PM
impressive... how fast did you get up to?
i dont like mentioning speeds on message boards because all the "holier than though" idiots feel the need to say "OMG STREET RACING IS SOOOOOO BADDDD).......and i agree but there are circumstances (aka...very long visible stretches of highway with no onramps) that are just begging for some fun. Lets just say all the talk of speed-governers had me interested to see if the advertised limit was true, i may or may not have confirmed that.

·
Registered
793 Posts
OMG STREET RACING IS SOOOOOO BADDDD!!!!!!!

Hehe..had to do it....just could resist.

Grats on the good race, BTW!!!

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by LoopyLady_1@Jul 25 2004, 07:38 PM
OMG STREET RACING IS SOOOOOO BADDDD!!!!!!!

Hehe..had to do it....just could resist.

Grats on the good race, BTW!!!
haha thanks. Felt (and was) a snails-race compared to racing around in the Mustang. Ive never actually had to "hope" i could pull a celica, i used to tease them and start the race in 3rd gear from the line and never shift.....never lost.

·
Registered
409 Posts
wait need to add this too!!!

you're the reason why insurance is soOOOooOOoOOoOo HIGH!!! hahahaha, but seriously =) you are hahaha

·
Registered
999 Posts
This should be in the racing thread.
The tC has less HP but more torque than the GT-S. Glad you had fun!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Celica GTS is only 20hp higher at wot. (7600 rpm)

Good kill. This does need to be moved though.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
glad this post made its way in here. congrats on the kill. my first victory was against a gt-s celica on I80 to san francisco. showed her nothing but taillights up to triple digits.

eric - you get rid of the celica yet??

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
^^^ pick one.

got it - hit you back already. tag, youre it.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Interesting to know. I had heard that the tC out performed the celica GT-S and I'm impressed to hear that it did. I was actually looking for a celica when I came upon the tC. I'm soo glad I bought the tC. The only thing I did like about the GT-S was the VVTL-I... the cam lift is pretty impressive from ~5K to redline... but I felt the 6 speed gear box was sloppy and pretty poorly geared. Just my $.02 Oh yeah, nice kill!

·
Registered
290 Posts
yeah nice kill. I don't know how toyota is planning to sell celicas on a lot with tCs sitting next to them personally the celica is ugly ... and slow???? ....and more expensive............no ill take a tC!!

·
Registered
129 Posts
wow.. the guy in the celica must not know how to drive or it was a 2002 model. 02 models have a lower rev limiter, making it much harder to land in LIFT going from 1-2 shift, 2-3 shifts. this is very crucial for the celicas.

now stock celica gts are rated 15.3 1/4 miles, very comparable to the rsx-s at 15.2. you can check on clubrsx.com and newcelica.org, many members have agreed that its a drivers race b/t the two cars. as for the 5-speed tc, its been rated 15.7 quarter mile, thats about as fast as my 98 accord coupe v6 auto right now (i'm not stock), i get blown away by both cars. i know you guys have alot of pride in your tc, but the truth is, the tc doesn't compare to the celica gts, likewise the rsx-s.

yes the tc may have more torque, but its 500lbs heavier than the gts. i'm not saying its not possible for a tc to beat a gts, its just, i would think the tc is more comparable to maybe the celica gt (15.8), base rsx(15.7), integra gsr(15.5), honda prelude (15.6).

my thoughts on why you won or kept up with a celica gt-s is, the tc has a very broad torque range, compared to the gts, all the power is up top. sooo, its much easier to drive the tc fast than to drive the gts fast. and as far as looks go, thats all subjective. i believe the celica looks very sporty and aggressively good. however, i think the lil porky tc is a beautifully designed, unique car. its more of a daily driver car.

either way... anything can happen on the streets...Nice Kill

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Welcome to the site. I agree with what you're saying, but 1/4 means nothing in street racing. From a dead stop to 60, trust me, the tC would spank a GT-S. The celica is a great roll race car, but has NOTHING down low. In fact, the celica GT-S has pretty much nothing over the GT until it gets into the cam-lift area of the power band, 5.5k and up. But while its taking its time winding up to that, the tC is making dust out of it. Also, i felt that the 6speed gear box in the GT-S was weak, sloppy and poorly geared. I think the tC has a lot to offer power wise, to a driver who knows how to find it. Its all in the shifting and timing. Thats just my opinion of course. But anyways, welcome once again to the site!

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Originally posted by J&J flinTc@Aug 12 2004, 09:12 PM
yeah nice kill. I don't know how toyota is planning to sell celicas on a lot with tCs sitting next to them personally the celica is ugly ... and slow???? ....and more expensive............no ill take a tC!!
Unless the celica us used, you won't see it next to a tC. The tC is replacing the celica.

·
Registered
129 Posts
hehe, yea.. thanks for the welcome. i've been checking this site many times before, just never posted, this is my first post, well this particular one is second. anyways, i was thinking of trading my accord for a tc too, i love the looks and everything it comes with. the pricing, and insurance..dang.. haha. the thing is, i've always wanted a lightweight car with a sporty feel, so i was also considering the celica. i just dont think its fair how people base the speed of a certain car on one race so i had to defend the car.

celica and tc is not comparable in my opinion. but both lovely cars. its about preference. i'm leaning more towards the tc, gotta wait till january, anyways, this is now a whole different subject from the original thread. thanks again. this is a great site btw, i love rotating from clubrsx.com, newcelica.org, v6p.net, and this site.. well whenever i have time. hehe.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts