Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the track today for the second time with my tC. The first time I went I was bone stock. Managed at best to eke out a 16.22 seconds at 83.18 mph 1/4 mile time for the night (I have the slips in front of me right now). I think that the high temp. and humidity might make us a little slower here in Hawaii. Anyways, since my first trip to the track, I've added a Injen CAI and Universal Blitz Nur-Spec Muffler with custom piping. Oh and Tein S-tech lowering springs, but I don't think those help my 1/4 mile
Back to topic, I was able on my most recient trip to run a 15.84 sec 1/4 mile at 85.38 mph. That's almost half a second faster! I was very happy because I wanted to break into those 15 sec times. I was really happy that the mods I put in actually gave me a recognizable improvement.

The best race of the night was to a base RSX. He told me that he had a short ram intake and axle back straight through exhast and 18 inch rims on the front with tires I could tell were better then our crappy stock stuff. We were lucky enough to be the last race of the night. Off the line he pulled on me. I know that that is not supposed to happen between these 2 cars, but I figure it was # 1, too much wheel spin on my part, #2 better tires on his car, # 3 his short ram intake verses my CAI. Anyway off the line he's about half a car length ahead. By the 1/8th mile mark I'm almost dead even with him. And by the end I pretty sure I have him by about a quarter car length. So when We're pulling around to get our slips, I'm thinking Damn! good race. We pull up to the attendent to get our slips, and crap, the printer has run out of ink for the night. I make a joke to the attendent that "atleast I beat him." The RSX driver pull up next to each other in the pit and roll down our windows. We both admit it was a good race. I admit that he had me in the beginning and I ask him who he thinks won in the end. He says he didn't know. I said that I think I had him by about 4 feet but we'll never know. We depart and I pull around to my boy that had been racing with me that night (I had no idea that a stock 1991 automatic Acura Legend V-6 would give me a run for my money, he was running mid 16s). Luckly he was watching the race between the RSX and I in the stands. He said that I got him. Our times were like 16.1 to 16.2. That made me feel a whole lot better. I won! Is it wrong that I'm alittle annoyed that the RSX driver doesn't know that I won? It's one thing for him to be unsure who one and another to know that he was the loser. Any way it was a great race none the less.

Thanks for listening to my ramblings if you made it all the way through. It's just that I had a fun and safe night racing on the track.

·
Registered
339 Posts
nice kill man, some people just dont want to admit that stuff

i really wanna take my car to the track and see what its worth way to play it safe!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a 5-speed manual. I'm going to post a new topic on my most current venture to the track.

·
Registered
533 Posts
nice kill...yeah its weird how u lost off the line against a base model RSX

·
Registered
507 Posts
one reason that he was able to take off the line faster but you got him at the end is bc although he has an intake which does help do to the fact that its a short ram it starts to suck all that hot air in the high end which hurts it more then it helps it like someone else said earlier. but since you have the cold air it helps off the line some but doesnt show its full potential until you are up to speed. that is the big difference between a short ram and a cold air. i have 2 friends who had the exact same car only one had a short ram and the other had a cold air. the short ram took him off the line but then the cold air beet him in the end. and it was a good example of it bc they were both automatic so the shifting didnt have anything to do with it or anything.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.